Shark is one of the most well-known brands of irons. They create incredible steam irons that are ideal for people trying to work out stubborn creases. You’ll get professional and crisp clothes with one of these irons — what’s better than that?
We’ll share our reviews of the best Shark irons so that you can find your perfect match.
- Premium soleplate
- Easy to fill
- Button fit tip
- One-touch fabric selector
- Great for crafts
- Intelligent electronic technology
- Variety of settings
- Easy to use
- Removes wrinkles
- Heats up fast
- Great soleplate
- 1800 watt power
- Stainless steel soleplate
- One-touch heat selection
Are Shark Irons Any Good?
We think so! Shark was developed by Euro-Pro Operating LLC over a century ago (1). Their goal was to create efficient household appliances that fit in with their customers’ lifestyles.
Euro-Pro began in Europe before moving to Canada. Their headquarters are now in Newton, Massachusetts. This family-led business has pioneered the chemical-free cleaning movement. They create powerful steam products that eliminate the need for toxins.
They have a wide range of steam irons, garment steamers, steam mops and vacuums.
Shark sources most of their parts from China where their products are manufactured. However, they only deal with authentic suppliers who have zero-tolerance for human trafficking and slavery.
With all these details in mind, Shark has experience, expertise and the ethics to create fantastic irons.
Features to Consider Before Buying a Shark Iron
Before buying a Shark iron, consider the main details to make sure the iron is right for you.
- Size: Steam irons are quite bulky things but they come in a range of sizes. Look at your storage space to make sure you have space for one of these irons.
- Weight: Some people prefer a lightweight iron so it’s easier to maneuver. Others prefer heavier irons which press out wrinkles and creases quicker. We’ll share the weight of each iron with you so you know what to expect.
- Type: Steam irons, dry irons and cordless irons are three different types of irons. All the Shark irons are steam irons, so keep that in mind. But of course, empty out the water reservoir to use as a dry iron if you prefer.
- Steam: Just because all the Shark irons are steam irons, doesn’t mean they’re all the same. They all have different steam outputs and power. If you want higher steam, look for a higher power and output number.
- Temperature settings: It’s great to have easy-to-read and user-friendly temperature settings. This also allows you to iron and steam most items, even delicates.
- Water tank: Water tanks have varying capacities. The larger the tank is, the more steam time you get.
- Wattage: The higher the wattage, the more powerful the iron. This will give you more heat and more steam which are ideal for pressing out wrinkles.
- Cord: Cord length is important, especially if you only have one location you can iron in the house. Make sure you’ll be able to reach your outlet from your iron station. Also keep in mind that having a cord wrap or storage on the iron can help when storing your Shark product.
- Warranty: Shark offers a 12-month warranty for their products, which is average for an iron (2).
The Best Shark Irons of 2021
After hours of researching expert advice, real customer reviews and implementing our own experience, we have the best Shark iron recommendations to share with you!
Shark Steam Iron, Red
Shark Irons aren’t super lightweight. They all weigh between three and four pounds. But the Shark Steam Iron in red is the lightest of the bunch. It weighs 3.2 pounds so it should be easier on your wrist, but also provide good weight for pressing out wrinkles.
Interestingly, customers like the weight of it. It makes it feel heavy duty, but it’s still comfortable to use.
Why We Love It
Stainless steel sole plates are great for heat distribution and handling most garments. Plus, they’re easy to clean. This stainless steel soleplate has lots of steam holes for distributing steam across your clothes.
Easy to Fill
This Shark iron comes with a handy door. You can open it, easily fill up the spacious water tank, close it again. This prevents spits and sputters so you can iron with ease.
Button Fit Tip
This is a great choice if you wear a lot of shirts. The button fit tip allows you to easily glide and maneuver around buttons. Don’t worry about breaking them off with this handy addition!
Keep In Mind
Steam Function Leaks
Keep in mind that some customers have found this steam iron to leak out water when they use the steam function. They say it’s not a lot but enough to be frustrating, especially when ironing silk. It can leave water stains.
|Temperature Setting||Temperature dial and three steam settings|
|Size||11.8 x 5.4 x 6.4 inches|
Shark 1800 Watt Professional Steam Iron
The larger your water tank, the more ironing time you get! The Shark 1800 watt professional steam iron has a huge 400ml water tank so you can get lots of ironing time before needing to refill it.
The tank also has anti-calc features. So the iron will self-clean, or you can clean it manually using our earlier instructions.
Why We Love It
This Shark iron has 1800 watts of power! So you can get vigorous steam flow and bursts. Say goodbye to wrinkles in no time when using this iron.
One-Touch Fabric Selector
The handy guide on the iron’s body tells you which temperature to use for which fabric. With one touch, you can select your option and get to work!
Great for Crafts
If you sew or quilt, this is an awesome option. The heavy weight will press seams with no problem. Plus, the grip is soft and comfortable, which is ideal for long uses.
Keep In Mind
Some customers find that this iron spits out water. However, this tends to happen when the water is filled to the max line and the steam setting is used.
|Temperature Setting||One touch fabric selector|
|Size||12.3 x 4.9 x 6.1 inches|
SharkNinja Rapido Electric Iron
Shark irons are amazing choices for professionals and domestic users alike. They’re not super expensive, but the SharkNinja Rapido Electric Iron is one of the more budget friendly options.
For a modest price, you still get a fantastic iron. Customers love this for transforming their iron experience from frustrating to fun! It’s very easy to use.
Why We Love It
Intelligent Electronic Technology
A great thing about the SharkNinja Rapido is that it uses intelligent electronic technology. This keeps you super safe. The technology switches off the iron after seven minutes without use, no matter what position it’s in. So if you left the house without turning off the iron, you can have peace of mind.
Variety of Settings
The variety of steam and spray settings gives you many options when using this iron. You can change it up depending on the fabric. But you can also steam vertically and horizontally!
Easy to Use
This iron is easy to use. It has a helpful diagram on the body to tell you which temperature to use for different fabrics. Also, it clicks when placed into the upright position so you know it’s secure.
Keep In Mind
Inconvenient Temperature Selector
Customers find that their knuckles nudge the temperature selector, so they end up changing the temp while using. This is inconvenient and unhelpful especially when ironing delicates.
|Temperature Setting||Electronic temperature controls|
|Size||11.87 x 5.12 x 6.25 inches|
Shark Professional Garment Steamer Steam Iron
If you travel with your iron, or just like to move from room to room, we recommend the Shark Professional Garment Steamer Steam Iron. It’s easy to transport because it’s one of the lighter Shark irons. It weighs 3.5 pounds and has an 8-inch soleplate.
It also has a closing water tank door so if you have a walk from your sink to your board, the water won’t spit out. This compact iron is our best portable suggestion.
Why We Love It
Of course, the most important part of an iron is that it gets rid of wrinkles. That’s one thing you can be sure of with this iron: you’ll get a crisp professional finish. The high watt power gives you control over your creases. Customers find they only have to go over wrinkles once to remove.
Heats up Fast
If you’re looking to get the ironing done as quickly as possible, this is a good choice. It heats up super fast, eliminates wrinkles in no time, and is heavy-duty, making it a breeze to use.
The stainless steel soleplate holds heat well. But it’s also a great shape. It is perfect for maneuvering around buttons and over cuffs and collars. You can use this with any type of fabric — but always read the care label first.
Keep In Mind
Buttons Break Easily
Customers warn that their buttons break easily, especially the steam burst button. The warranty is a year, but customers find that the buttons break within two years. By then, of course, the product is no longer covered by warranty.
|Temperature Setting||Temperature dial|
|Size||11.9 x 4.5 x 6.7 inches|
Shark Professional Steam Iron
If you have a small laundry business or are looking for professional results in your own wardrobe, the Shark Professional Steam Iron is our top pick.
This iron has 1800 watts of power to give you crisp and master results.
You can dress to impress when you choose this iron!
Why We Love It
1800 Watt Power
Power is super important when choosing an iron. With 1800 watts, you can be confident you’ll get out every wrinkle and crease in your clothes. Consistent results every time.
Stainless Steel Soleplate
Our favorite kind of soleplate is stainless steel. It has great glide, it can handle high heat and it’s so easy to clean. The soleplate also has a large number of steam holes which is great for steam distribution.
One-Touch Heat Selection
Every time you plug your iron in, choose the heat you want depending on your fabrics. The iron will then accurately heat up to your chosen setting.
Keep In Mind
Spits and Sputters
A common customer complaint is that the Shark Professional Steam Iron spits and sputters from the water tank door. This can be really frustrating when ironing. Plus, it’s a burning hazard.
|Temperature Setting||One touch temperature selector|
|Size||12.4 x 4.5 x 6.8 inches|
|Product||Best||Temperature Setting||Water Capacity||Wattage||Size||Weight|
|Shark Steam Iron||Lightweight||Temperature dial & three steam settings||260ml||1500 W||11.8 x 5.4 x 6.4″||3.2 lbs|
|Shark 1800 Watt Pro Steam Iron||Large Capacity||One-touch fabric selector||400ml||1800 W||12.3 x 4.9 x 6.1″||3.57 lbs|
|SharkNinja Rapido Electric Iron||Budget Iron||Electronic temperature controls||N/A||1500 W||11.87 x 5.12 x 6.25″||4 lbs|
|Shark Pro Garment Steamer||Portable||Temperature dial||360ml||1600 W||11.9 x 4.5 x 6.7″||3.5 lbs|
|Shark Pro Steam Iron||Professional||One-touch temperature selector||300ml||1800 W||12.4 x 4.5 x 6.8″||3.57 lbs|
How Do I Clean My Shark Iron?
Many Shark irons come with a self-cleaning function. To use this, follow these steps:
- Turn off your iron and unplug it.
- Fill the tank with water.
- Turn the steam up to the highest setting.
- Stand the iron on the heel rest, and turn it back on.
- Allow your iron to heat up to the highest temperature.
- When the indicator light goes off, unplug your iron.
- Hold it horizontally over a sink.
- Press the self-clean button (hold if necessary).
- Hot water and steam will release from the steam holes. It will deposit minerals and build-up during this process.
- Turn off the self-clean function once the water tank is empty or after one minute.
- Stand the iron back on its heel rest and turn it on.
- Iron an old cloth to get out any remaining water and steam.
- Turn it off, switch it off, allow to cool and empty any remaining water.
If your Shark iron doesn’t have a self-cleaning or anti-calc system, you can still clean your iron well. Follow these steps:
- Fill the water tank ¼ of the way full with distilled white vinegar.
- Get a clean white cloth and lay it on your board.
- Spray, steam and iron the cloth until the tank is empty.
- Pour distilled water into the reservoir until it’s full.
- Spray, steam and iron the cloth again. Do this until the tank is empty.
The white vinegar will clean out any build up. The water step is to rinse out any white vinegar from the tank. Easy!
You can’t really go wrong when in the market for a Shark iron. These five best Shark irons are all wonderful choices. They’ll give you professional, wrinkle-free clothes in a few easy movements.
Be sure to consider all the important factors like wattage, weight and tank capacity. If looking for a budget option, the SharkNinja Rapido Electric is a good choice. But our best recommendation overall is the Shark Steam Iron Red — and it’s lightweight.