Laminate flooring should look glazed, like a donut. If yours are looking dull and dirty, then it’s time to switch up your cleaning routine.
We’re here to share our cleaning tricks and top products with you. You want your laminate floors to look sparkling clean and marvelous, right?
Our seven suggestions for the best laminate floor cleaner solutions will clean, shine and protect your flooring.
- Safe for all types of flooring
- Leaves no streaks or residue
- Invigorating scent
- All-natural ingredients
- Tough on grease and grime
- Green manufacturing and packaging
- Heavy-duty for cutting through grime
- Easy-to-use spray
- Doesn’t require rinsing
- Long-lasting 1-gallon jug
- Multiple purpose
- Restores shine to finished floors
- Ready-to-use formula
- Safe for hard floors and laminate
- Dries fast
- Brings back shine to dull-looking floors
- Eco-friendly formula
- Increases traction
- Prevents dirt from settling the surface
- Excellent for families with children
These are the seven cleaners for shining up your laminate.
1. ProCare Citrus Cleaner
Best Natural Laminate Cleaner Solution for Multiple Floors
Laminate floors don’t require a deep clean often, so investing in a good product for quick care can be better. This Citrus Cleaner by ProCare is suited for all types of flooring, such as laminate, tiles, marble, and hardwood.
Spray lightly as you go and watch your floors come to life with an added fresh citrus scent. The formula leaves no streaking or residue that could dull the after-effect.
It’s eco-friendly and biodegradable, so it’s safe to use around children and pets. The gentle ingredients will also keep the protective layer intact.
A little goes a long way when it comes to this cleaner — no need to spray every step. ProCare claims the 32-ounce bottle should cover 6,000 square feet.
- Safe for all types of flooring, including laminate, tile, and marble.
- Leaves no streaks or residue; no dull finish.
- Refreshing citrus scent, which can eliminate pesky odors.
- Eco-friendly and safe around children and pets.
- Doesn’t add enough shine, according to some customer’s personal taste.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood, tile, marble|
|Bottle Type||Spray bottle|
2. Better Life Naturally Dirt-Destroying Cleaner
Best Natural Laminate Floor Cleaner Solution
The best laminate cleaner solution is non-abrasive and gentle, so why not add eco-friendly to the list? This dirt-destroyer from Better Life is free of any harsh chemicals that could damage your floors and the environment.
Better Life uses natural ingredients such as grapefruit, bergamot, and mint extracts. These work together to restore some much-needed shine to your laminate floors. All products are manufactured using solar power and recyclable materials.
“Green” doesn’t have to mean less effective. This product cleans quickly and efficiently as you work your way through your home. Squirt a little bit of the product onto the floor and sweep with a mop. The formula leaves no residue or streaks to be cleaned afterward.
- All-natural ingredients make this safe for you and your family.
- Tough on grease and grime; say goodbye to tough stains.
- Green manufacturing and packaging.
- Leaves no streaks or residue.
- Requires more product to clean so that the bottle won’t last long.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood, ceramic tile, stone, bamboo, vinyl|
|Bottle Type||Squirt bottle|
3. Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner by Bruce
Best Laminate Floor Cleaner Solution for Dirt
Cutting through tough dirt and grime requires the right equipment. Bruce’s Laminate Floor Cleaner is an excellent solution safe for laminate and hardwood floors.
It comes in a convenient spray bottle. The formula lifts dirt and stains and leaves you with sparkling floors with a fresh lemon scent. It requires no rinsing and won’t leave a dull residue behind.
Start by vacuuming or sweeping the floors. Then, spray small areas and wipe with a mop or microfiber cloth. The formula is also available as a 1-gallon jug for refills and other uses.
- Heavy-duty product eliminates tough and old stains.
- Easy-to-use spray bottle makes this straightforward to use.
- Doesn’t require rinsing afterwards, which saves you time.
- Safe for laminate and hardwood flooring.
- Needs quite a bit of time to dry fully.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood|
|Bottle Type||Spray bottle|
4. ZEP Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner
Best 1-Gallon Formula Laminate Floor Cleaner Solution
This could work for you if you need a cleaner for multiple wooden and finished surfaces. Many homeowners across North America favor ZEP cleaners.
This formula was specially made for hardwood and laminate. But, you can use it to remove spots and stains from acrylic, varnish, and polyurethane-finished wood. It’s also safe for other laminate surfaces such as baseboards and cabinet doors.
The 1-gallon jug might be difficult to handle, but you can fill a spray bottle for easy application. The formula doesn’t need to be diluted and can give a cloudy effect with a wet mop. A little will do a lot, so the 1-gallon should be able to last.
You can even add it to a spray mop for a breezy clean. The formula won’t leave a sticky residue or streaks, and it adds a fresh scent to your home.
- Long-lasting 1-gallon bottle.
- Safe for multiple purposes, including floors and kitchen cabinets.
- Restores shine to finished floors.
- No residue or streaks are left behind.
- Not as effective as using a wet mop.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood, finished wood floors|
5. Bona Stone, Tile, and Laminate Floor Cleaner
Best Cleaner for Laminate and Hard Floors
This ready-to-use formula is excellent for homes with different floorings such as stone, laminate, and tile. It’s a water-based solution that dries very fast and leaves no residue. The formula is designed to work as a degreaser, removing tough stains, dirt, and grime.
Families with young children or pets will like this cleaner. It’s GreenGuard Gold certified, which means it has very low VOC emissions.
Because this is a refiller, you can quickly fill up a spray or squirt bottle for an effortless cleaning job. It’s ready to use as it is and is effective in a spray mop.
- Ready-to-use formula saves you time.
- Safe for several hard floors and laminate.
- Safe for families with young children since it has low VOC emissions.
- Dries fast so you can return to the room shortly after cleaning.
- Requires a little bit of scrubbing on very tough stains.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hard floors|
|Bottle Type||Refill bottle|
6. Rejuvenate Shine Refresher
Best Laminate Cleaner Solution for a Shiny Floor
Laminate floors can lose their shine after a while. However, with this Shine Refresher, you can restore your floor’s shine in no time.
The formula fills in scratches and other flaws to give you a smooth finish. You can also use it on several types of flooring, such as tile and hardwood.
It adds a layer of protection against UV rays, which could fade your floors. One thing we like about the formula is that it increases traction. This makes floors less slippery and much safer for children and pets.
The eco-friendly formula has low VOC emissions and is GreenGuard certified. Plus, it has a low pH level free from dyes, hydrogen peroxide, and chlorine, which are notoriously bad for laminate.
- Restores shine to dull-looking floors.
- Eco-friendly formula, which is safer for families.
- Dries quickly, so you’re less likely to slip on the flooring.
- The formula fills in scratches and flaws to give you a smoother finish.
- Not suited for floors older than five years.
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood, tiles|
|Bottle Type||Easy-pour bottle|
7. Black Diamond Stoneworks Laminate Floor Cleaner
Best Laminate Cleaner Solution for Floor Spills and Dirt
Families with young children and pets know the struggle of keeping the house clean. Footprints, dirt, mud, and other kinds of grime get dragged in daily. You need something to help you get the cleaning done in no time.
This spray works well on laminate and wooden floors. You only need to use a small amount, and it won’t leave streaks or a dulling residue. Spray it onto the troubled area, and it acts fast to lift dirt and grime. Use a dry mop to wipe afterward.
The formula is biodegradable and eco-friendly. It’s an excellent option in homes with children, who are often more sensitive to harsh ingredients.
Black Diamond Stoneworks has added a special ingredient — PS3. It’s a triple-action poly shield that prevents dirt from attaching to the floor. This will help to keep your laminate cleaner for longer.
- Prevents dirt from settling on the surface, which minimizes stains and scratches.
- Water-based formula is a better option for families.
- Streak-free finish; no streaks or dulling.
- Special PS3 ingredient keeps your laminate cleaner for longer.
- Overpowering odor that irri
|Recommended Floors||Laminate, hardwood|
|Bottle Type||Spray bottle|
|Product||Award||Quantity||Biodegradable||Recommended Floors||Bottle Type||Scent|
|ProCare Citrus||Best For Multiple Floors||32 oz||Yes||Laminate, hardwood, tile, marble||Spray||Citrus|
|Better Life||Best Natural Cleaner||32 oz||Yes||Laminate, hardwood, ceramic tile, stone, bamboo, vinyl||Squirt||Citrus-mint|
|Bruce Cleaner||Best For Dirt||32 oz||No||Laminate, hardwood||Spray||Lemon|
|ZEP Cleaner||Best 1-Gallon Formula||1 gal||No||Laminate, hardwood, finished wood floors||Bottle||Fresh|
|Bona Cleaner||Best For Laminate & Hard Floors||128 oz||No||Laminate, hard floors||Refill||N/A|
|Rejuvenate Shine||Best Shine||32 oz||Eco-friendly||Laminate, hardwood, tiles||Easy-pour||Odor-free|
|Black Diamond||Best For Spills & Dirt||32 oz||Yes||Laminate, hardwood||Spray||N/A|
What to Look For
Laminate flooring isn’t as sensitive as stone or hardwood. However, it’s still essential that you use the right products.
Laminate floors are primarily made out of wood debris or sawdust that’s been pressed together. Therefore, many cleaning products that are safe for hardwood will be safe for laminate.
However, there are also products dedicated to cleaning laminate flooring. So here are a few tips when browsing the different options:
- Go mild.
- Avoid abrasive and acidic products.
- Stay away from oils.
Pre-diluted vs. Concentrated?
Keeping laminate floors clean isn’t as difficult as other types, such as tiles, which require a daily sweep. Mopping once a month using a non-abrasive solution is all it takes to keep the floors shining.
This is also why you could make the job even easier by using a pre-diluted spray cleaner. These are quick to use since you can spritz as you go or only do certain spots.
If you like to use a concentrated formula instead, you can dilute it yourself and create your own spray. As long as either option fulfills the criteria in the previous subheading, it should be safe to use.
Using Steam Mops on Laminate Floors
Steam mops are excellent at getting some shine back into dull floors.
However, you should be cautious when using this tool on laminate. Water is laminate floors’ worst enemy. Too much water can separate the seams and make the floor bubble or swell. It can also fade the color.
So, if you do choose to use a steam mop, do so sparingly. Once every two months should be more than enough. Also, remember to dry the floor immediately after to prevent any standing water.
Is Vinegar Safe for Laminate Floors?
Vinegar is a universal natural product with many benefits, such as fighting allergies and removing odors. It’s a top-rated cleaning product since it effectively gets rid of most grime and stains.
When cleaning laminate floors with vinegar, start by diluting one cup in a gallon of water. Then, slightly wet a mop or cloth and sweep the floors.