Tile flooring can get grimy and grubby, even if you have a strict cleaning routine. If your floors are causing you disgust, it’s time to try something new.
It can be tough to find a cleaning solution that hits the mark. With tile flooring, you need a tile cleaning solution that’s fast-acting, easy to use, and won’t leave behind any residue.
We’ve researched customer reviews, product descriptions and applied our expertise to narrow down the seven best tile floor cleaner solutions for you.
- Safe for multiple floors
- Leaves no residue
- Low pH level
- Mild formula
- Doesn’t leave residue and dries quickly
- Cleans and reseals
- Gets rid of tough stains
- Low pH level
- Cleans and brightens
- Deep-clean grout
- Tough on stains
- Kills and removes mold
- Easy spray bottle
- Effective cleaner
- Excellent for families with allergies
- Leaves no residue or streaking
- Safe for all hard floors
- Refreshing scent
Types of Tile Floors
Some tiles can handle harsher chemicals, while others require a more gentle approach. So, before deciding on a product, figure out what works best for your floors.
Some of the more popular tiles include:
A common problem with tiles, though, is that they attract dust. As a result, they often require daily sweeping to keep them shining.
A good mop or dry mop is an excellent way to keep dust and debris at bay. You can also use a floor steamer on some tiles. However, you shouldn’t do this on vinyl floors since these can’t stand the heat.
How Often Should You Clean Tiles?
Choosing the Best Tile Cleaner Solution
There’s a wide range of choices on the market for tile cleaning solutions. But you must choose one that’s right for you and your tile cleaning machine. Here are a few points to help you along.
Concentrate vs. Pre-Diluted
This is one of the more critical decisions to make when shopping for cleaning solutions. It’s crucial to know the difference and how to use them:
- Concentrate: Many homeowners much prefer these since they’re much more potent. For this reason, they need to be diluted before use. You can also buy concentrates in bulk, which will pay off in the long run.
- Pre-diluted: Pre-diluted solutions aren’t as potent, but they consist of multiple ingredients and may contain fragrances such as limonene. These solutions are ready to use. You can even spray some straight onto the floor.
It’s important to note that “concentrate” doesn’t translate to being toxic and full of chemicals. Many homeowners like to use these because they can dilute it themselves and save money.
With a concentrate, it’s also easier to know what kind of ingredients you’re using. This could be crucial for families dealing with certain allergies.
As we become more aware of the planet’s condition, we’re starting to make better decisions. There’s a wide range of eco-friendly cleaning products available, but what makes them “friendly?”
A common phrase you’ll see us mention is VOCs, which are volatile organic compounds. These are gasses emitted from certain liquids and solids.
VOCs are bad for the environment and can affect the air quality in their vicinity (2). Besides exacerbating allergic reactions, they can cause chronic headaches, nose bleeds, and even memory disorders in the long run.
The Best Tile Cleaner Solution of 2022
Let these tile cleaner solutions rejuvenate your floors.
1. Trewax Neutral Floor Cleaner
Best Neutral Tile Floor Cleaner Solution
Many homes have different flooring throughout. This often means you need several products for cleaning. That’s why this neutral cleaner from Trewax is an excellent solution to the problem.
It has a low pH level that maintains the floors’ natural shine and extends the life of your tiles. You can also use the formula on rubber, no-wax, and concrete floors.
One of the many things we like about this formula is that it requires no rinsing. Having to go over the floors twice to remove residue can be frustrating.
The low pH level leaves no residue, and all you have to do is mop the floors as usual. Regardless, we recommend that you dry your floors to avoid water spots and stains.
With this packet, you get three 32-ounce bottles, which will last a decent time.
- Safe for multiple floors, including rubber, no-wax, and concrete.
- Leaves no residue behind, ensuring no water spots or stains.
- Low pH-level maintains your floor’s shine.
- Requires no rinsing, which saves you time.
- Can be difficult to find in the store.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, concrete, rubber, vinyl, wood, stone|
|Bottle Type||Pour bottle|
2. Bona Stone Tile Floor Spray
Best Easy Application Tile Floor Cleaning Solution
Having to fill a bucket and mix a solution can take time. However, with this convenient Bona Stone spray, simply spray the tiles and wipe with a mop.
Therefore, the formula is water-based and dries quickly without leaving spots or stains. You also don’t have to deal with frustrating residue. It’s safe to use on tiles and laminate floors, as well as ceramic, stone, granite, and marble.
Families with young children or pets often have to avoid certain cleaning products due to chemicals. This product, however, is Greenguard Gold certified, which means it has a low VOC emission. It’s also a safer option for families since it isn’t poisonous.
- Mild formula with low VOC is safer for families.
- Safe for tile and stone floors, including granite, ceramic, and marble.
- Environment-friendly since it isn’t poisonous.
- Doesn’t leave residue and dries quickly.
- Customers noted that it stained unsealed grout, so you must be careful.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, sealed stone, sealed marble|
|Bottle Type||Spray bottle|
3. TileLab Tile Cleaner and Resealer
Best Floor Protection Tile Cleaning Solution
Once in a while, you need to do a deep clean, which includes the dreaded act of cleaning the grout. You can use this cleaner on stone, tile, and grout. It can cut through dirt, grease, and soap residue.
Generally, sealed floors and grout will need to be resealed once in a while, or else the floors could stain. With this solution, you get to clean and reseal your floors and grout in one go. The re-sealer will leave your floors shining and protected with a fresh citrus scent.
The formula is also low in VOCs, so it’s an excellent option for families and environmentally aware homeowners. Plus, it’s non-acidic, which makes it the right solution for more sensitive floor types.
For easy application, fill a spray bottle and use it on the areas needed. Then, sweep with a mop and let it dry.
- Cleans and reseals your floors, tackling two tasks at once.
- Removes tough stains from dirt, grease, and soap.
- Low pH level means it’s more gentle on your flooring.
- Safe for the environment due to the low VOC level.
- Takes effort to clean, so get ready to use elbow grease.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, laminate, glass|
4. Rejuvenate Bio-Enzymatic Tile Deep Cleaner
Best Eco-Friendly Tile Floor Cleaning Solution
Cleaning grout and tiles is sometimes tedious, but it can be easier with a product that deep cleans both. One of our favorite products for this task is the Bio-Enzymatic cleaner.
It’s non-toxic, acid-free, and eco-friendly. It’s also safe for tiles, stone, concrete, porcelain, and laminate floors. The formula acts quickly as it’s applied and lifts dirt and stains, leaving you with clean and brightened results.
The formula can remove even the toughest grime by leaving it on for a minute or two before mopping. Plus, it can get rid of old stains embedded in your grout.
Cleaning products often have an overpowering scent, whether it’s a chemical or a fragrance. This can be a problem for families dealing with allergies, asthma, or those who have small children. Thankfully, the Rejuvenate Deep Cleaner is entirely odorless. It won’t trigger any reactions in sensitive family members.
- Cleans and brightens your floors, so they look sparkling clean.
- Deep-clean grout and tiles; it removes tough stains embedded in the grout.
- Safe for tiles, stone, concrete, porcelain, and laminate, making it a versatile cleaner.
- Eco-friendly and non-toxic with minimal scent, which is great for sensitive families.
- Requires more cleanup than merely a wipe; you will need to mop it clean.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, laminate, concrete, porcelain, stone|
5. StoneTech Mold and Mildew Remover
Best Tile Floor Cleaner for Mold
In areas around the kitchen and bathroom, there’s a higher risk of mold and mildew. These can be frustrating to get rid of, not to mention a trigger for people with allergies or asthma. It’s essential to find and eliminate the root of the problem, and you need the right product to do so (3).
This formula from StoneTech is specially made to remove mold and mildew. The potent ingredients kill the spores and leave your floors shining with a fresh scent. It’s safe to use on multiple surfaces such as marble, granite, porcelain and glass tiles.
You can also use the product in showers, on countertops, and on exterior surfaces if needed. Even though the formula is powerful, it won’t degrade stone floors or grout.
When using the product, it’s crucial you protect yourself and wear goggles and gloves since the ingredients are considered toxic. You should also keep children and pets away from the area after application until the product is dried.
- Kills and removes mold and mildew.
- Easy spray bottle makes it straightforward to use.
- Effective cleaner that deeply cleans stains and dirt, leaving a bright finish.
- Safe on multiple surfaces, including marble, granite, and more.
- Toxic, and the area cleaned should be avoided until dry.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, limestone, granite, marble, slate, ceramic, glass|
|Bottle Type||Spray bottle|
6. Traction Wash Heavy Duty Tile Cleaner
Best Heavy Duty Tile Floor Cleaning Solution
Becoming more eco-friendly is a priority for many homeowners. This heavy-duty cleaner from Traction Wash might be the perfect solution for such a green household.
You can use it on multiple surfaces such as tiles, grout, stone, wood, plastic, and metals. It’s a non-corrosive and non-flammable formula that doesn’t contain any dyes, phosphates, solvents, or VOCs. It also won’t leave any stains or residue, so you’ll only need to mop once.
Dilute it at a 1:32 ratio for regular cleaning. But for tougher stains, grease, and grime, use a 1:10 ratio.
Families dealing with allergies or asthma know the importance of getting rid of pollen and dust particles. The heavy-duty formula acts fast as it eliminates these problems from your home. It will also eliminate issues like soot, adhesives, and contaminants.
- Excellent choice for families with allergies since the formula contains no dyes or phosphates.
- Leaves no residue or streaking; you only need to mop once.
- Eco-friendly formula with no dyes, phosphates, solvents, or VOCs.
- Safe for multiple surfaces, including tile, stone, wood, and more.
- Not as effective on grout as the packaging suggests.
|Recommended Use||Tiles, fiberglass, concrete, acrylic, metal, painted surfaces|
|Bottle Type||Jug bottle|
7. Method Squirt and Mop Cleaner
Best Scent Tile Floor Cleaning Solution
After cleaning, having a fresh-smelling house can make all the hard work worth it. This eco-friendly formula from Method has a refreshing lemon and ginger scent. It leaves your floors dust-free and shiny.
Some of the ingredients include a non-toxic surfactant and solvent. The fresh scent is an oil blend of limonene, benzyl benzoate, and citral. Although the product is safe for the environment, you should store it far out of reach of children and pets.
It’s safe for multiple surfaces such as tiles, stone, laminate, and other hard floors. The application is straightforward since the bottle comes with a built-in squirt top. Squirt on the areas needed, then wipe with a cloth or mop using long strokes.
The formula is biodegradable and non-toxic, so that you can use it with a good conscience. When the bottle is empty, it can be recycled, minimizing waste.
- Eco-friendly and non-toxic formula.
- Natural lemon and ginger scent.
- Safe for all hard floors, including tile, stone, and laminate.
- Easy to apply due to the built-in squirt top.
- Not as effective on very tough grime and stains.
|Recommended Use||Hard floors|
|Bottle Type||Squirt bottle|
|Product||Award||Size||Concentrated||Form||Recommended Use||Bottle Type|
|Trewax Neutral||Best Neutral||32 oz||Yes||Liquid||Tiles, concrete, rubber, vinyl, wood, stone||Pour|
|Bona Stone||Best Easy Application||32 oz||No||Liquid||Tiles, sealed stone, sealed marble||Spray|
|TileLab Cleaner||Best Floor Protection||1 gal||No||Liquid||Tiles, laminate, glass||Bottle|
|Rejuvenate Cleaner||Best Eco-Friendly||128 oz||No||Liquid||Tiles, laminate, concrete, porcelain, stone||Bottle|
|StoneTech Cleaner||Best Cleaner for Mold||24 oz||No||Liquid||Tiles, limestone, granite, marble, slate, ceramic, glass||Spray|
|Traction Wash||Best Heavy Duty||1 gal||Yes||Liquid||Tiles, fiberglass, concrete, acrylic, metal, painted surfaces||Jug|
|Method Cleaner||Best Scent||25 oz||No||Liquid||Hard floors||Squirt|
Keep the Floors Shining
Newly cleaned tiles give a refreshed feeling to the house. Using the best tile floor cleaner solution will ensure you get the optimal results of your hard work. There’s also a wide range of choices available for eco-minded householders. Don’t worry; these are just as effective as chemical products.
Before you begin to mop the floors, use a vacuum or dry mop to get rid of dust and debris. You may have to do this daily to keep the shine — tiles can look dull when dusty. Finally, if you have natural stone floors, make sure the cleaning product you use is safe.
With our seven suggestions, we’re sure you’ll find a cleaner that brightens up your floors and removes tough stains.