Is your new little pup not yet house trained? Or maybe your old pal is having trouble making it outside? We know all too well the struggle of cleaning pet urine. But it’s even more frustrating when it happens on the carpet.
Don’t worry; we’re here to help you tackle the urine stains and odors. We put together the ultimate list of the best carpet cleaners for pet urine. These, along with some added information, should help you come to a urine-cleaning solution.
- Fast-acting enzymes
- Versatile for various floor types
- Short reaction time
- Prevents remarking
- No rinsing needed
No products found.
- Neutralizes odors
- Built-in sponge
- Easy to use
- Prevents stains from reappearing
- Excellent bio-enzymatic formula
- Use on soft surfaces
- Long-lasting formula
- Deodorizes pet smells
- Stain Guard technology
- Neutralizes odor
- Enzyme-based concentrate
- Deep cleans with professional strength
- Highly effective enzyme solution
- Works in the laundry too
- Long-lasting formula
- Detergent-free for use on upholstery
- Recognized by the EPA
- Non-toxic and non-irritating formula
- SpotBlock protects carpet from stains
- Excellent for large areas
Review Methodology: At Oh So Spotless, we provide you with a comprehensive analysis and assessment of the best carpet cleaners for pet urine. Our hands-on experience and thorough research allow us to evaluate products from a user’s perspective, demonstrating our expertise in the field. We compare and rank carpet cleaners based on key decision-making factors such as performance, effectiveness, usability, and design. Our in-depth reviews provide quantitative measurements and first-hand evidence, highlighting what sets each product apart from its competitors. By examining criteria such as stain removal, odor elimination, ease of use, and safety for pets, we ensure you receive accurate and reliable information to make informed decisions when choosing the right carpet cleaner for your home.
The Best Carpet Cleaners for Pet Urine of 2023
Are you ready to meet the carpet cleaners that will eliminate stinky puppy pee? Let’s go.
Smiling Paws Pets Stain and Odor Eliminator
Best Overall Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine
If you have a pet urine emergency, this spray could quickly come in handy. It’s convenient as all you have to do is point and spray the stain. There’s no need to dilute with water.
You can use this spray no matter where your pet might’ve had an accident in the house. It’s safe on hardwood floors, litter boxes, kennels, upholstery, and more. You can even use it on concrete and artificial grass.
The formula uses an advanced bio-enzyme blend that removes the stain and odor quickly and efficiently. It will consume ammonia and other biological matters until they’re entirely gone.
You can safely use it around children and pets, thanks to the non-toxic formula. Smiling Paws Pets believes in its product so much that the brand offers you your money back if you’re not happy.
- Fast-acting enzymes work within 15 minutes.
- Easy to use due to the spray bottle design.
- Versatile formula is suitable for hardwood floors, carpets, kennels, and more.
- Non-toxic formula is safe to use around children and pets.
- Lab-tested and fully certified in the USA.
- The container is only 32 ounces, which might not last long.
- Doesn’t work as well for preventing cats from peeing in the same spot.
- The product scent is strong and overwhelming.
|Removes||Urine, pet messes, odors|
|Application Method||Not specified|
|Safe On||Carpets, rugs, upholstery, tiles, concrete, hardwood|
|Manufacturer||Smiling Paws Pets|
Shout Carpet Urine Destroyer
Best Oxy-Based Carpet Cleaner Formula for Pet Urine
Tough stains call for robust products, like Shout Carpet Urine Destroyer, which definitely lives up to its name.
Urine Destroyer works quickly at eliminating the foul odors that are often present when the stain has settled. The oxygen-based formula digs into the carpet fibers to remove all traces of the stain.
We love that this product is easy to use. Start by locating the spot and saturating it with the product. Leave it to sit for three to five minutes, and then blot the spot gently; there’s no need to scrub.
This product is also fast-acting and doesn’t require any rinsing. After blotting out the stain, let it dry naturally, then vacuum.
A common problem with pets is that they tend to return to the same spot. Shout has thought this through and made the formula stronger. This way, it eliminates the odor and prevents remarking.
- Short reaction time; you only need to let it sit for five minutes.
- Prevents pets from coming back to urinate in the same spot.
- No rinsing is needed; simply blot, let it dry, then vacuum.
- Removes odors exceptionally well and leaves behind a nice scent.
- Oxygen-based formula tackles stains deeply into the carpet fibers.
- May not be suitable for concrete.
- Customer service is unimpressive.
|Safe On||Floor, fabric|
Carbona Two-in-One Oxy Cleaner
Best Foaming Carpet Cleaner Formula for Pet Urine
This foaming formula works fast as it comes in contact with a stain. You also get a two-in-one brush and sponge to scrub the spot for optimal results.
The applicator consists of a soft sponge that effectively cleans the carpet’s surface. The stiff brush around the edges works its way deep inside the carpet fibers to remove any trace of the stain.
Pets won’t only go for a plush carpet. Some might feel more comfortable on the rug in the kitchen. But there’s no need to worry since you can use this product on multiple surfaces. This includes nylon, colorfast wool, upholstery, and rugs.
Pet urine can become highly pungent when left, and it can quickly stink up the whole house. Thankfully, this oxygen-based foam neutralizes odors permanently to leave your home fresh and clean.
- Neutralizes odors instead of just masking them.
- Built-in sponge helps with removing the stain gently.
- Versatile product is suitable for multiple carpet types.
- Easy to use in a foaming formula.
- Safe to use around kids and pets.
- Customers report that the applicator is difficult to clean.
- Bottle is prone to leaking.
- Customers found that the stain sometimes reappeared after one application.
|Removes||Urine, pet mess|
Rejuvenate Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator
Best for Multiple Stains Pet Urine Carpet Cleaner
If you’re looking for a cleaner that will effectively remove multiple types of stains and odor, this is it. This Rejuvenate spray is easy to use and acts fast as it eliminates stains.
Deep stains sometimes make a comeback even if it looked clean when you left it. Dealing with this can be very frustrating.
If you have a Rejuvenate spray mop, you can attach it too. If not, the scrubber is easy to use by hand and works efficiently on surfaces like carpet and upholstery.
- Prevents stains from reappearing.
- Easy to use due to the spray bottle.
- Works on carpets, hard floors, and upholstery.
- Kills odors and eliminates stains quickly.
- Bio-enzymatic formula is excellent at tackling organic stains.
- Instructions are quite confusing.
- Leaked parcels were received by others.
|Removes||Urine, feces, vomit, wine|
|Safe On||Fabric, carpet, upholstery|
Genesis 950 Concentrate
Best Carpet Cleaner Concentrate for Pet Urine
Some urine stains call for a potent concentrate that can handle the challenge.
Pet urine can develop a sour stench that can be impossible to get off a carpet. But, this formula effectively removes foul odors and the traces a stain leaves.
Your pet also won’t be returning to the area since all odor traces are removed from the carpet. The formula is safe to use on multiple types of surfaces inside and outside your house. You can even use it in your car.
There are no toxic ingredients that will put your children or pets in danger, so that you can use it at any time. Genesis provides easy instructions on how to dilute the product to suit the severity of the stain.
- Long-lasting due to the 2.5-gallon concentrated formula.
- Deodorizes foul pet stain odors.
- Easy instructions for diluting the product.
- Low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Multi-purpose. Formula is suitable for kitchens, bathrooms, hard floors, cars, and more.
- Strong smell that resembles nail polish remover; some customers disliked this.
- Sometimes it takes a few attempts to obliterate the stain.
|Removes||Urine, feces, vomit, grease, limescale|
|Application Method||Require rinsing|
|Safe On||Fabric, carpet, upholstery, kitchen, bathroom|
Hoover Paws & Claws Carpet Cleaning Formula
Best for Pet Stains and Odors In Carpets
We sure cannot guard our fur babies all the time and prevent them from messing with our carpet. However, the Stain Guard formula of this carpet cleaner from Hoover will help defend against future stains and keeps your carpet looking new and fresh.
The formula is enzyme-based and is, therefore, highly effective at removing stains and odors. You can use it to remove messes such as odors, urine, vomit, and feces. It works great in the car, on upholstery, and around the house.
Even after you’ve finished cleaning, the enzymes will keep working to remove deeply embedded traces of the stain.
It’s a concentrated product, so you do have to dilute it — Hoover provides thorough instructions on how to do so. Plus, you get 128 ounces, so it should last you through multiple accidents as you dilute when needed.
- Stain Guard technology prevents future stains.
- Enzyme-based concentrate keeps working even after you’ve finished cleaning.
- Large bottle provides a long-lasting cleaner.
- You can use it in multiple places, including your car.
- Safe to use around children and pets.
- Not as effective at deodorizing.
- Some customers found the product’s scent to be unpleasant.
- The packaging isn’t great; some come without a safety cap.
|Removes||Pet messes, dirt, dust, odor|
|Safe On||Carpet, upholstery, car interiors, stairs|
Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Cleaner
Best Professional Strength Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine
For stubborn urine stains, you need a reliable product. This professional strength formula acts fast as it comes in contact with stains.
It’s enzyme-activated and will eliminate spots from yellow urine, feces, vomit, and other organic matter. The enzymes will also continue to work until all organic matter is gone. This means it will keep going even after you’ve finished cleaning.
If you have pets and kids, it can be challenging to find a suitable product. This formula is safe to use around children and pets. It’s also safe on various surfaces and fabrics without leaving a residue.
- Deep cleans carpets due to the professional strength.
- Highly effective due to the enzyme-activated solution.
- Safe to use on multiple types of carpet as well as hardwood and laminate.
- You can use it in your laundry pre-soak cycle, too.
- Easy to use in a handy spray bottle.
- Can cause slight bleaching if not used correctly.
- The product irritated many customers’ respiratory systems.
|Removes||Urine, feces, vomit|
|Application Method||Blot and air dry|
|Safe On||Carpet, upholstery, car upholstery, hardwood, laminate, laundry|
|Manufacturer||Rocco & Roxie Supply Co.|
OdoBan Three-In-One Carpet Cleaner
Best Versatility Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine
This three-in-one formula works as a pre-treatment for a sprayer or cleaning machine, a spot remover, and an extraction cleaner.
It’s a concentrate, so you’ll have to dilute it. A little goes a long way so that this popular product will last you through multiple pet cleanups. OdoBan claims it makes up to 64 gallons if appropriately used.
The formula is detergent-free and safe to use on carpets and upholstery. It’s also effective at removing dirt, soil, and urine.
You can get the cleaning done quickly by diluting the product in a spray bottle and treating accidents as they happen. The formula requires no rinsing and dries fast, so you won’t need to close the area off.
- Long-lasting since a little goes a long way.
- Detergent-free formula is safe for carpets and upholstery.
- Recognized by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Works as a pre-spray, a spot cleaner, and in extraction machines.
- Fast-drying formula lets you have your room back quickly.
- Not as effective at eliminating odors.
Rug Doctor Professional Pet Deep Cleaner
Best Carpet Shampoo for Pet Urine
When you need to deep clean a large area, this carpet shampoo by Rug Doctor is a suitable option.
The formula uses professional strength pro-enzymes that work fast and for a long time. The tiny enzymes will actually keep working for up to 24 hours after you’ve finished. This creates a very thorough clean, with some customers remarking that it worked better than professional-grade options.
You can breathe easy, too — your pets won’t be returning to the popular spots on the carpet anytime soon. The enzymes will eliminate any trace of the odor so your pet can’t find it.
One drawback is that you will need a carpet cleaning machine to use this product. However, you can rent these at your local hardware store.
- Non-toxic and non-irritating formula.
- SpotBlock protects your carpet from dirt and stains.
- Excellent for large areas.
- Enzymes will work for up to 24 hours.
- Removes stains and odors using a triple-action formula.
- Breaks down vomit, blood, drool, grass stains, and more.
- Not good for spot cleaning.
- You need a carpet cleaning machine to use this product.
- It might take a few attempts to remove odor.
|Removes||Urine, vomit, blood, dirt, hairball spots, saliva, dirt, paint|
|Application Method||Carpet cleaning machine|
|Product||Best||Quantity||Removes||Application Method||Safe On|
|Smiling Paws Pets Stain Eliminator||Overall||32 oz||Urine, pet messes, odors||Not specified||Carpets, rugs, upholstery, tiles, concrete, hardwood|
|Shout Carpet Urine Destroyer||Oxy-Based||32 oz||Urine, odor||Leave-in||Floor, fabric|
|Carbona 2-in-1 Cleaner||Foaming||22 oz||Urine, pet mess||Rinse||Fabric|
|Rejuvenate Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator||For Multiple Stains||32 oz||Urine, feces, vomit, wine||Leave-in||Fabric, carpet, upholstery|
|Genesis 950 Concentrate||Concentrate||2.5 gal.||Pet messes, vomit, grease, limescale||Require rinsing||Fabric, carpet, upholstery, bathroom|
|Hoover Paws & Claws||Pet Stains and Odors||128 oz||Pet messes, dirt, dust, odor||Leave-in||Carpet, upholstery, car interior, stairs|
|Rocco & Roxie Professional||Professional Strength||32 oz||Urine, feces, vomit||Blot and air dry||Carpet, upholstery, floor, laundry|
|OdoBan 3-In-1 Carpet Cleaner||Versatility||1 gallon||Pet messes, grease, blood, coffee||Diluted||Carpet, upholstery|
|Rug Doctor Pet Deep Cleaner||Carpet Shampoo||96 oz||Pet messes, blood, hairball, saliva||Carpet cleaning machine||Carpet|
Choosing the Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine
When choosing a product to clean urine from carpet, consider the following criteria:
For urine stains, we prefer to use either foam or sprays. These are easy to use and effectively tackle urine odors and stains.
Quick Guide to Ingredients
Carpet cleaners come in many different formulas, but it’s crucial to choose the right one. Active ingredients include enzymes and are oxy-based. These are also gentle on carpets and easy to use.
We know all too well how tricky getting pet urine out of the carpet is. Urine will quickly develop a foul odor, and it can ruin a carpet if left. So, you need to act fast once you notice the urine.
When finding the best carpet cleaners for pet urine, consider your carpets’ fibers. We also prefer to go for non-toxic products such as enzyme- or oxygen-based ones.
If you’re often dealing with accidents at home, don’t sell your pet. Just buy one of these products!