Having your own pool is great — until it’s full of leaves and other nasty debris. Pulling it all out by hand is a long and boring option, so you should consider a helpful tool to assist you with this chore.
I’ve put together a list of seven of the best pool leaf rakes. This list is based on hours of research into real customer reviews, expert advice as well as my own unbiased evaluation.
Whether you’re looking for a rake that’s especially easy to use, has a large capacity, or is budget-friendly, come and sift through my recommendations! A clean pool awaits you.
- Durable aluminum alloy frame
- Stable winged handle
- 45 pound capacity
- Durable ABS plastic frame
- Quickly connects to standard pools
- Fine mesh bag collects small debris
- Heavy-duty ABS plastic frame
- 20-inch wide mouth & front lip
- Fits most standard poles
- Sturdy aluminum frame
- Curved edges to protect your pool
- 50 pounds capacity
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Lightweight at 4.6 ounces
- Compatible with standard poles
- Lightweight at 5.6 ounces
- Strong net with fine mesh
- Straight sides collect more debris
- One year warranty
- Various pole length available
- Ultrafine mesh collects small debris
Review Methodology: At Oh So Spotless, our team of professionals conducts thorough research, analysis, and hands-on testing to provide you with reliable, data-driven recommendations for the best pool leaf rakes. We evaluate products from a user’s perspective, considering factors such as durability, efficiency, and ease of use. Our assessment includes comparing various designs, measuring performance, and identifying key decision-making factors for pool maintenance enthusiasts. We rank products based on criteria such as net size, handle length, and material quality. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions by sharing our expertise, test results, and first-hand experience with the top pool leaf rakes on the market.
The Best Pool Leaf Rakes of 2023
Are you ready to capture every piece of debris in your pool? I’ve put together a list of the best pool leaf rakes based on hours of research into expert advice, genuine customer reviews, and dozens of products. After studying each product’s construction, weight, sizing, and special features, I’m confident that you’ll find a fantastic leaf rake for your pool on my list.
Deep clean your pool with one of these radical rakes!
ProTuff Pro Grade Skimmer Rake
This is on the more expensive end of the pool leaf rake market. But I think it’s worth it due to the durable design.
It comes with a double-stitched nylon bag and dual-layer netting. This construction is super sturdy, so it can withstand a lot of debris over a long period of time.
It’s also an abrasion-resistant design, so it won’t get scratched up or damaged as you move it around your pool. It will do an amazing job and last for ages, even in big pools with a lot of debris.
It has a medium meshing which is great for big and medium-sized debris. However, do keep in mind that it won’t collect silt and other small debris, like bugs or dust.
Another significant backing in terms of durability is the lifetime guarantee. This is a professional-grade pool rake, and the manufacturer guarantees that if it fails, tears, or breaks, they will replace the parts — or the entire product — for free.
- Durable aluminum alloy frame.
- Stable winged handle.
- Forty-five-pound capacity for deep cleaning.
- Plastic rim won’t scratch pools.
- Included lifetime warranty.
- Suitable for small, medium, and large pools.
- Stiff netting makes it difficult to empty.
- Not good at collecting debris at the bottom of the pool.
|Material||Aluminum alloy and plastic|
|Net width||19 inches or 23 inches|
|Special Features||45-pound capacity, double-layer netting|
Milliard Pool Skimmer Leaf Net
Most Gentle Pool Rake
Some poorly-made pool leaf rakes can often scratch the sides of your pools or hot tubs. But not this one from Milliard. It has nice curved edges, which allow you to scrape along the sides of the bottom of your pool with absolutely no damage.
This also has a quick connect button which allows you to quickly attach it to the pole of your choice. Speaking of poles, it’s compatible with standard 1.25-inch poles, so you can easily find something that works.
This pool rake also has an upturned lip, so you can scrape along the bottom of the pool and collect debris that’s stuck down there.
Customers appreciate the long deep bag, which won’t empty debris back out as you go. Some pool rakes aren’t deep enough to hold debris, so it ends up floating around the pool shortly after you’ve collected it.
This has a generous weight capacity of 88 pounds, too, so it’s great for deep cleaning pools without needing to empty the bag too often.
- Durable ABS plastic frame that’s gentle on pools.
- Quickly connects to standard pools — can also be used on its own.
- Fine mesh bag for collecting small debris.
- Upturned front lip for collecting debris at bottom of the pool.
- Generous 88-pound capacity.
- Drags slowly through the water.
- Difficult to empty contents without touching the bag.
|Net width||17 inches|
|Special Features||Gentle sides, upturned front lip|
AnSun Pool Skimmer Net
Easiest To Use
It can be frustrating when something looks and sounds good but actually ends up being tricky to use. This skimmer net has a few handy features that make it a breeze to use.
The plastic frame is screwed down in multiple places to prevent bending and warping, making it more efficient at picking up debris.
Next, it has a wide 20-inch mouth, so you can collect a lot of debris in one go, saving you time.
It also has a front lip which makes it easy to scoop up debris from the sides and bottom of the pool. Simply scrape it along the edge of the pool to lift debris.
While this doesn’t come with a pole, it is compatible with most standard telescoping poles, so you shouldn’t struggle to find the right one for you.
- Heavy-duty ABS plastic frame.
- 16-inch wide mouth and front lip for efficiently collecting debris.
- Fine mesh bag makes it easy to collect fine debris, like pine needles.
- Fits most standard poles.
- Easy to collect debris from hard pool bottom.
- Not the best for collecting debris from soft pool bottoms.
- A bit pricey for what you get.
|Net width||16 inches|
|Special Features||Front lip and wide mouth for scooping|
PoolWhale Pool Leaf Rake
This pool rake has an insane capacity of 50 pounds! That’s right — it can hold up to 50 pounds of debris. You can deep clean your entire pool without emptying the netting with this pool rake.
How does it manage to hold so much? Well, first of all, it has a heavy-duty aluminum frame. Remember when I said that metal frames were more durable? This is a prime example.
This pool rake also has a large double-stitched netted bag that holds lots of debris without the risk of tearing or ripping.
This netting is great for both large debris and small debris, collecting lots of waste per pass. Finally, I love the weighted tab at the bottom, which makes it super easy to empty the debris out after you’ve collected it all. Just turn the bag inside out and dump it!
- Fine mesh bag for collecting large and small debris.
- Sturdy aluminum frame.
- Curved edges to protect your pool.
- 50 pounds capacity for deep cleaning.
- Easy to empty the netting.
- Easy to quickly connect and disconnect from poles.
- Not suitable for scooping debris from pool bottom.
- Pole not included.
|Net width||17 inches|
|Special Features||50-pound capacity, weighted tab, double stitching|
Evob Leaf Skimmer
Everyone is on a different budget when it comes to pool leaf rakes. If you just need something for skimming the surface of your pool — which is great for daily cleaning — then this may tick your boxes. Costing less than half of the average pool leaf rake price, it’s a great find.
What’s it for? Well, you can use this for pretty much anything that’s lingering on your pool’s surface. This includes big debris like leaves, grass, and algae.
Thanks to its fine mesh, this is one of the best methods to keep your pool clean, collecting even small debris such as bugs and pine needles.
It’s made from a plastic frame that’s both lightweight and high-quality. The lightweight design — only 4.6 ounces — allows you to move this through the water without drag.
The pole is not included, but it’s compatible with standard poles. However, you can use this by itself if your pool is small enough to reach into the middle.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Super affordable price point.
- Lightweight and easy to use — only 4.6 ounces.
- Compatible with standard poles.
- Collects grass, leaves, bugs, and more debris.
- Durable nylon mesh.
- Pole not included, must be purchased separately.
- Mesh isn’t fine enough to collect small bugs like ants or gnats.
- Too small for larger pools — takes too long to clean.
|Net width||10.4 inches|
|Special Features||Skims quickly and effortlessly through water|
Rongbo Deep-Bag Pool Rake
Best Lightweight Pool Rake
Don’t want a heavy pool leaf rake to weigh you down? This one from Rongbo is only 5.6 ounces.
Once that’s attached to the end of your pole, you’ll hardly feel the weight of it! Of course, as you go, it will fill with debris and become quite heavy. So it’s helpful for some people to have an already lightweight rake, to begin with.
You can use this in your pool, hot tub, pond, and other bodies of water. It’s made with a plastic frame — but don’t worry, it’s sturdy — and a strong net with fine mesh. This allows you to collect small debris without it passing back through the mesh.
Keep in mind that this doesn’t come with a pole, but good news! It fits most standard pool poles, so you can easily find something that works for you. Just look for something with a 1.12-inch inner diameter with holes for a butterfly or v-clip attachment.
Last but not least, this pool leaf rake has straight edges to help get more debris from the sides and bottom of the pool, including stuck on debris like wet leaves.
- Lightweight — only 5.6 ounces.
- Fits most standard pool poles.
- Strong net with fine mesh for capturing small debris.
- Straight sides allow for capturing debris stuck on the sides of the pool.
- Use with or without a pole.
- Customers find it quite flimsy.
- Stiff netting material — hard to empty out debris.
|Net width||16.3 inches|
|Special Features||Straight sides for collecting debris on bottom/side of pool|
U.S. Pool Supply Swimming Pool Leaf Skimmer
Best Long Pool Leaf Rake
Not everybody wants to make two separate purchases: a pool leaf rake and a pole. You’re in luck here because this leaf skimmer from U.S. Pool Supply comes with a pole included. And it’s very long, so it’s great for larger pools.
It is a 60-inch pole, making it very practical for most pools. You can reach the bottom of your pool as well as the middle.
This is a leaf skimmer rather than a deep basket, so it’s great for quickly cleaning up the surface of your pool. But you can also use it for spas, hot tubs, kiddie pools, ponds, and more, making it a very versatile purchase.
Customers also love that the netting is extra fine, so you can collect big pieces of debris like leaves or tiny debris, like dead bugs.
- One year warranty.
- Various pole length available.
- Ultrafine mesh for collecting small debris.
- Quickly cleans surface-level debris.
- Clean hot tubs, pools, spas, and more.
- Not deep enough for large amounts of debris.
- Some customers found it a bit flimsy.
|Pole included||Yes — 6 feet long|
|Net width||11.5 inches|
|Special Features||Fine mesh for picking up small dirt|
|Product||Best||Material||Pole included||Weight||Net width|
|ProTuff Pro Grade Skimmer Rake||Durable||Aluminum alloy & plastic||No||1.25 lbs||19.5″ or 23″|
|Milliard Pool Skimmer Leaf Net||Gentle Pool Rake||ABS plastic||No||1.15 lbs||17″|
|AnSun Pool Skimmer Net||Easiest To Use||ABS plastic||No||1.1 lbs||16″|
|PoolWhale Pool Leaf Rake||Capacity||Aluminum||No||14 oz||17″|
|Evob Leaf Skimmer||Budget-Friendly Option||Plastic||No||4.6 oz||10.4″|
|Rongbo Deep-Bag Pool Rake||Lightweight Pool Rake||Plastic||No||5.6 oz||16.3″|
|U.S. Pool Supply Skimmer Pool Rake||Long Pool Leaf Rake||Plastic||Yes||11.3||11.5″|
How To Choose the Best Pool Leaf Rakes
Not any old pool rake will suit everyone’s needs. I recommend considering these essential details to ensure you find one right for you.