What do you do if you’re going straight from the airport to an important meeting? Those wrinkles aren’t going to get themselves out! And there’s definitely no time to go home and iron.
If you’re on the hunt for one of the best wrinkle release sprays, we can help. With these products, you simply spray, pull clothes taut and watch the wrinkles disappear.
Based on real customer reviews, expert advice, and our own expertise, we found seven excellent options to consider. Keep reading to find which one is right for you.
- Removes odors
- Freshly laundered scent
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Revives and freshens clothes
- Easy to use
- Vegan & dermatologically tested
- Eco-friendly ingredients
- Safe for all fabrics
- Works in seconds
- Eliminates odors and static
- Good bang for your buck
- Works in seconds
- Environmentally safe
- Safe on all fabrics
- Travel size
- Plant-based ingredients
- Suitable for clothes, curtains and more
- Eco-friendly formula
- Lavender, citrus and unscented optoin
- Three ounce bottles for travel
We’ve spent many hours researching expert and customer reviews of the best wrinkle release sprays on the market. With this information, we’re confident that we’re recommending great products to help remove wrinkles while you’re on the go!
1. Faultless ReWear Dry Wash Spray
Best Professional Pick
Everybody needs wrinkle-free clothes, but if you wear a lot of shirts and dress pants, you definitely need a wrinkle-release spray. The Faultless Rewear Spray is our best recommendation for those who need to dress professionally.
This spray works best on pants and slacks, dress shirts, t-shirts, business casual pants, jeans, jackets, and more. So if that sounds like your daily wear, this is the product for you!
With this spray, you can instantly improve the appearance of your clothes. It removes wrinkles and eliminates odors. So if you’re just off a long train journey, you can still look and feel good.
We love that it leaves behind a freshly-laundered scent that is excellent for both men and women!
- Works on business casual clothes best.
- Removes wrinkles and odors.
- Freshly laundered scent.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly spray.
- Helps clothes become wrinkle-resistant.
- Allows you to rewear clothes without washing.
- No travel size available.
- Nozzle might be hard to press.
|Scent||Freshly laundered scent|
|Fabric Friendly||Best on cotton, polyester, linen, and denim|
|Size||20 ounces / 591ml|
2. Love Home and Planet Dry Wash Spray
Best Scented Spray
We love beautifully scented products. And when it comes to laundry, there’s nothing better than nicely scented clothes. That’s why our top pick for a scented wrinkle release spray is the Love Home and Planet product.
It comes in a gorgeous lavender scent with 100 percent natural ingredients. The other ingredients include beeswax, coconut oil, and cornstarch.
This spray does its job to de-wrinkle, revive and refresh your clothes when you can’t get to the washing machine and ironing board. Think of it as dry shampoo — but for clothes!
This product has been dermatologically tested, so it’s safe for your skin. It’s vegan and formulated without dyes and phosphates. Love Home and Planet are on their way to becoming fully eco, and this spray is a good place to start.
- De-wrinkles, revives, and freshens clothes.
- Easy to use.
- Naturally scented with lavender.
- Vegan and dermatologically tested.
- 100 percent natural ingredients.
- 50ml, making it an excellent travel size.
- Nozzle prone to breaking.
|Fabric Friendly||All fabrics — test first|
|Size||2.3 oz / 65ml|
3. Tom and Sheri’s Wrinkle Release Spray
Best Eco-Friendly Spray
Tom and Sheri’s plant-based wrinkle release spray is our top pick for an eco-friendly option. It is entirely plant-based, so there are no harsh chemicals. It uses a plant surfactant that naturally relaxes wrinkles, making it safe for your skin and clothes.
To use it, just spray, whip out the fabric, smooth it, then hang it to dry. It works in seconds. This is ideal for travelers, students, or quick touch-ups before a meeting or a date!
This spray works on all fabrics. But Tom and Sheri recommend testing on an inconspicuous area of the garment first.
- Eco-friendly, all-natural ingredients.
- Easy to use and works in seconds.
- Safe for all fabrics, including wool, flannel, and more.
- Anti-static ingredients, leaving your clothes smooth and fresh.
- Available in many sizes, from three ounces to 32 ounces.
- Customers say it doesn’t remove many wrinkles on rayon or nylon.
- You need to let the item 100 percent air dry for best results.
- You might need to use a lot of the product to see results.
|Fabric Friendly||All fabrics — test first|
|Size||32 oz, 16 oz, and 3 oz|
4. Downy Wrinkle Releaser
Best for Dry-Clean Only Fabrics
What if your clothing’s care label says to dry-clean only? Can you still use a wrinkle release spray? Yes, the Downy Wrinkle Releaser is a top choice for those clothes.
They specify that their spray is suitable for all fabrics. Use it on several fabrics, including curtains, table cloths, and sheets. However, you should always test the product in an inconspicuous area of the garment.
If you have stinky clothes that you don’t have time to wash — use this! It’ll de-wrinkle in seconds, refreshen, and help remove bad odors.
- Good for dry-clean only clothes.
- Eliminates odors and static.
- You get a lot of bang for your bucket.
- Works in seconds.
- Suitable for de-wrinkling curtains, tablecloths, and sheets.
- Handy nozzle for even distribution.
- Chemical ingredients that may irritate the skin.
- Doesn’t eliminate 100 percent of wrinkles.
- The smell is quite overpowering, despite the “light, fresh” description.
|Ingredients||Includes harsh chemicals|
|Scent||Light, fresh scent|
|Fabric Friendly||All fabrics — test first|
|Size||33.8 ounces / 999ml|
5. Grandma's Secret Travel Wrinkle Remover
Best Spray for Travel
Wrinkle release sprays are wonderful alternatives to ironing, especially if you’re traveling. Are you off on a business trip, road trip, or even a honeymoon? Then, the Grandma’s Secret travel wrinkle remover is a must-have.
With this purchase, you get three mini bottles at three ounces each. So they can go in your hand luggage if you’re flying.
This spray is safe on most fabrics. Test on silk and rayon first in an inconspicuous area. But once you’ve tested, you’re on your way to greatness!
This spray removes wrinkles and odors so you can look and smell good. Plus, it’s environmentally safe and non-toxic, but it does contain unspecified artificial fragrances. These can potentially harm your skin and respiratory system but should be okay in diluted amounts such as this spray.
- Removes odors and wrinkles effectively.
- Biodegradable formula made without bleach or chlorine.
- Safe on all fabrics.
- Three travel-size bottles included.
- Easy and fast to use.
- Safe on dry-clean-only fabrics.
- Does not remove all wrinkles.
- Not as effective on heavy items, like curtains or bed sheets.
|Fabric Friendly||All fabrics, but test for silk and rayon|
|Size||3 ounces / 85ml|
6. Cold Iron Wrinkle Release Spray
Best Plant-Based Spray
For the health buff, you probably love the sound of a natural wrinkle remover. It’s important that you feel good as well as look good.
These products can remove the toughest of wrinkles. When you use this, you’re left with a fresher, cleaner, and wrinkle-free item without worrying too much about chemicals.
This unscented spray is an excellent option for those allergic to strong fragrances. Plus, this allows you to still show off whatever perfume or cologne you’re wearing!
- Removes wrinkles effectively within minutes.
- Plant-based ingredients that are safe for your skin.
- Fragrance-free, which customers love.
- Suitable for clothes, tablecloths, curtains, and more.
- Super easy to use.
- Not advertised as removing all wrinkles, just most.
- Not suitable for 100 percent synthetic fabrics.
- Pricier than other options.
|Fabric Friendly||Doesn’t work on 100 percent synthetic|
|Size||32 ounces / 946 ml.|
7. Begley's No-Iron Wrinkle Remover
Best for Curtains
While most wrinkle release sprays will work on curtains, the Begley’s No-Iron Wrinkle Remover is especially good. It can tackle tough wrinkles on thick and heavy curtains. It’s also ideal for shirts, dresses, linens, and many other fabrics.
You can say goodbye to your handheld steamer for de-wrinkling curtains (and other fabrics) because the Begley’s No-Iron Wrinkle Remover does a great job. It’s ideal for most fabrics, so you’ll get a lot of use from it.
This is also a green option; it’s made from plant-based biodegradable ingredients. Essential oils give it a fresh and floral fragrance. Plus, the brand never tests its products on animals.
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formula.
- Lavender, citrus, or unscented options.
- Three ounce bottles are great for traveling.
- Suitable for curtains and clothes.
- Works in as little as five minutes.
- Might have to use a lot of the product.
- Not as effective as other products.
|Scent||Citrus, lavender, or unscented|
|Fabric Friendly||Most fabrics|
|Size||3 ounces / 88ml|
|Product||Best||Ingredients||Scent||Fabric Friendly||Eliminates Odors|
|Faultless ReWear Dry Spray||Professional Pick||Eco-friendly||Freshly laundered scent||Best on cotton, polyester, linen & denim||Yes|
|Love Home & Planet Dry Spray||Scented Spray||Eco-friendly||Lavender||All fabrics — test first||Yes|
|Tom & Sheri’s Wrinkle Release Spray||Eco-Friendly Spray||Plant-based||Fresh linen||All fabrics — test first||No|
|Downy Wrinkle Releaser||For Dry-Clean Only Fabrics||Includes harsh chemicals||Light, fresh scent||All fabrics — test first||Yes|
|Grandma’s Secret Wrinkle Remover||Spray for Travel||Biodegradable||Clean springtime||Test first on silk & rayon||Yes|
|Cold Iron Wrinkle Release||Plant-Based Spray||Plant-based||Unscented||Doesn’t work on 100 percent synthetic||No|
|Begley’s No-Iron Wrinkle Remover||For Curtains||Eco-friendly||Citrus, lavender, or unscented||Most fabrics||No|
What Is Wrinkle Release Spray Made Of?
Each wrinkle release spray is made with different ingredients. Check the product packaging to see.
Some are eco-friendly, while some utilize a chemical formula. But all are liquids.
Take the Tom and Sheri Wrinkle Spray, for example. It is made of a plant-based surfactant, distilled water, natural quality control agents, and a linen fragrance.
Fun fact: you can make your own wrinkle release spray. All you need is the following:
- One tablespoon of fabric softener.
- One cup of water.
- Spray bottle.
Do Wrinkle Release Sprays Really Work?
Yes and no.
Yes, you will see a difference after you’ve sprayed. It removes many wrinkles, enough to show up confidently to an important meeting or date.
But no, it does not give you the same result as a steam iron would. But for traveling, a wrinkle release spray might be the only option.
Things to Consider (Buying Guide)
There are some details you should note when buying your wrinkle release spray. This ensures you choose a high-quality and effective option.
How To Use Wrinkle Release Spray on Your Clothes
Using a wrinkle release spray is easy. Follow these steps:
- Prep the clothes: Start with the clothes lying flat or hanging.
- Spray: Spray the fabric from about eight inches away until slightly damp. Use more for deeper wrinkles.
- Smooth: Tug and smooth the fabric to encourage wrinkles to disappear.
- Wait: Hang to dry. Don’t wear the garment until it’s 100 percent dry, or you could set new wrinkles.
Spray Wrinkles Away
If you can’t get to an iron, the best wrinkle release sprays on the market are a great alternative! While they won’t give you crisp results as a steam iron, they’ll freshen and smooth out your fabrics.
You can look and smell your best with these sprays. Make sure to look at the ingredients list, especially if you prefer a green option, like the Cold Iron Wrinkle Release Spray. Also, consider the scent, how fabric-friendly it is, the size, and whether it eliminates odors.
Once you’ve chosen your perfect spray, you can strut around with confidence!