Cleaning a toilet isn’t our favorite domestic chore. That’s why we think it’s so important to have one of the best toilet brushes on the market. It makes this task a lot more bearable.
On our comprehensive list, you’ll find toilet brushes that are extra hygienic, easy to clean, good for under the rim, and much more. We spent hours researching toilet brushes that can take your ceramic throne from grimey to spotless. We ensured to look at each product’s material, purpose, and unique features.
Get ready to meet 10 popular choices.
- Kills 99.9 percent of bacteria & viruses
- Reusable wand & caddy
- Deodorizes toilet
- Soft and hard bristles
- Hemispherical brush head cleans under the rim
- Curved handle for getting into hard-to-reach spots
- You can hang it on the wall
- Absorbent diatomite mat for water leakage
- Easy to clean & dry
- Drip-free and innovative design
- Ventilated base minimizes germs
- Durable bristles don't shed
- 103 stiff, long tufts of bristles
- “U” shape for under the rim cleaning
- Textured and ergonomic handle
- Easy to keep free of bacteria
- Stainless steel pole
- Deep cleans without damage
- Two in one combo set
- Dense nylon brush bristles
- Powerful commercial-grade rubber
- Two brush heads: silicone and plastic
- Hemisphere design cleans hard to reach area
- 16-inch long handle
- Unique stylish cherry design
- Detachable brush head
- Top cover to seal in odors
- Cuts down cleaning time
- Lightweight and long handle
- Good for people with wrist & back pain
We’ve spent hours researching product descriptions, expert advice, real customer reviews, as well as applying our own insight. With this in mind, we’ve created a comprehensive list of the ten best toilet brushes on the current market.
Get ready to meet them and scrub your bathroom clean!
1. Clorox ToiletWand
Best Disposable Toilet Brush
We know: disposable products aren’t great for the environment or your bank account. However, the Clorox ToiletWand is exceptionally practical and hygienic. So we couldn’t make this list without recommending it.
The wand and caddy themselves are reusable, so they should last a long time even as you switch up the disposable heads. This initial pack includes six sponges, but you can definitely buy more once you use these up.
The disposable sponges scrub the toilet bowl much more thoroughly than a bristle brush. Without any additional cleaning products, they kill 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses. Once your toilet is sparkling, pop off the sponge and dispose of it.
You never have to touch the dirty sponges, either. Click them on and off with the touch of a button. Plus, the handle is long, so you put even more space between you and a dirty toilet.
- Kills 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses.
- Reusable wand and caddy.
- Ensures ultimate hygiene for you and the toilet.
- Deodorizes foul odors.
- Twice the cleaning power of a traditional brush.
- Cleans under the toilet rim.
- Disposable, so not good for the environment.
- Doesn’t remove rust or hard water stains.
|Brush Material||Sponge with Clorox cleaning formula|
|Hygienic||Yes, disposable heads|
|Dimensions||15.31 x 4.41 x 4.75 inches|
2. Marbrasse Toilet Bowl Brush
Best for Under the Rim
Don’t neglect cleaning under the rim of your toilet bowl! It’s away from most people’s eyesight, but it can get grimy. So it’s important to clean it every time you clean the bathroom.
With the Marbrasse toilet bowl brush, it will be impossible to forget because this brush is designed for it. You’ll find a unique design in this two-pack of toilet brushes.
The hemispherical brush head easily cleans under the rim and in other hard-to-reach places. And the handle is slightly curved so you can deep clean with more convenience.
The brush head is made with a combination of soft and stiff bristles so you can scrub stubborn dirt, or just do a light cleaning every few days.
With the comfortable, non-slip handle, you can quickly clean your toilet with no hassle. The whole design of the brush saves you time, while making this task easier than ever before.
- Two brushes included.
- Soft and hard bristles for light and deep cleaning.
- Hemispherical brush head for cleaning under the rim.
- Curved handle lets you get into hard-to-reach spots.
- Rust-resistant and waterproof materials.
- The holder is flimsy and doesn’t have a closed lid.
- Small size.
|Brush Material||ABS and PP|
|Purpose||Residential or commercial|
|Dimensions||16.6 x 6.2 x 4.2 inches|
3. MangoTime Toilet Brush
Best Space Saving Brush
If you’re low on space or just want to save some space, check out the Mangotime Toilet Brush.
First, it’s a compact size to fit it into the narrow space down the side of your toilet. Second, it has a strong sticker to hang the unit on the wall and save some floor space! Just make sure to put it on a smooth clean surface.
As well as its space-saving ability, it also has other cool features such as the absorbent diatomite mat. One of the main issues of a brush and holder is the water accumulation and leakage. This toilet brush solves the problem.
The diatomite is absorbent, so it sucks up and dries the dripping water from the brush. No more water accumulation, no more leaking and no more bad odors!
- You can hang it on the wall.
- Absorbent diatomite mat for water leakage and bad odors.
- Easy to clean and dry the brush head.
- Removable water drawer.
- Durable and hygenic silicone bristles.
- Fleixble head cleans hard-to-reach spots.
- The handle isn’t super sturdy; it might break easily.
- You have to apply elbow grease for stains.
|Handle Material||Plastic and stainless steel|
|Hygienic||Yes, absorbent diatomite|
|Dimensions||12.17 x 9.53 x 6.65 inches|
4. Elypro Hygienic Toilet Brush
If hygiene is your number one priority, check out the Elypro toilet brush.
What makes it so hygienic? Well, it prevents the dripping of water accumulated during the clean-up process. Aside from that, it also has a spout design caddy for easy draining of water.
Once you’re finished cleaning the toilet, you can wash the brush and dry it super fast, so it doesn’t harbor mold and mildew. The caddy is designed half-opened for quick evaporation of liquids. If you don’t like it this way, you just have to rotate it to hide the exposed brush.
It also delivers super hygienic results in your toilet. The bristles are flexible enough to fit in hard to reach places, wipe down the bowl, and deep clean under the rim without any shedding.
If you’re in a rush and can’t air dry the brush before putting it back in the holder, no problem. The base has a good ventilation system. Its breathable base and a built-in drip tray to catch excess water which later evaporates. However, we still recommend cleaning the base frequently.
- Easy to clean and dry bristles.
- Durable bristles that don’t shed.
- Ventilated base minimizes germs and mold.
- Drip-free and innovative design.
- Caddy is portable and won’t drip.
- Easy to drain water from the caddy.
- More expensive than others.
- Some customers reported the brush detached from the handle.
|Dimensions||5 x 4.5 x 22 inches|
5. Libman Commercial 34 Round Bowl Brush
Best Commercial Toilet Brush
You need a good toilet brush for your commercial property, whether it’s an office space, cafe or hotel. The Libman commercial round bowl brush is a top choice. You can buy a pack of four or go all the way and buy a pack of 20.
These brushes feature 103 tufts of durable, one-inch long, recycled PET bristles. They can give you a deep and quick cleaning of any toilet bowl. The “U” shaped head will deeply clean underneath the toilet rim, too.
The rubber grip handle is ergonomically shaped and textured to give you a comfortable hold while doing this chore.
Although it doesn’t have a top lid, which we would generally prefer for a commercial brush, everything else about it is great. So it’s definitely a top choice for your business.
- 103 stiff, long tufts of bristles.
- “U” shape brush to deep clean under the rim.
- Textured and ergonomic handle.
- Can buy in bulk.
- No top lid for odor and hygiene control.
- Inconsistent pricing for bulk purchases.
|Brush Material||Recycled PET|
|Handle Material||Rubber grip|
|Dimensions||15.79 x 11.1 x 5.91 inches|
6. BoomJoy Toilet Brush and Holder Set
Best Silicone Toilet Brush
If you like the sound of a silicone toilet brush, then the BoomJoy brush and holder set is a good choice! We use silicone toilet brushes and are never going back to bristled!
This brush has thermoplastic rubber bristles to deeply clean the entire toilet. This brush promises to clean even the hidden corners without scratching the toilet material.
When the brush head is dirty, you can easily clean it. Simply rinse it with hot water, and dirt and debris will drain out. The head dries super fast, so it won’t harbor mold and mildew.
Enjoy the stainless steel brush pole, which is sturdy, durable, and rust-resistant. Wipe this down with an antibacterial cloth after each use to keep it super clean.
Make the switch and never look back! Customers love how much easier it is to keep clean than a regular bristled brush. Simply shake it out over the toilet bowl, air dry it for a couple minutes before putting it back in the holder where it won’t drip out gunky water.
- Easy to clean and keep free of bacteria.
- Stainless steel pole.
- Thermoplastic rubber deep cleans the toilet without damage.
- Flexible bristles deep clean all corners without damage.
- Affordable price point.
- Super durable materials.
- Requires elbow grease to clean off stubborn dirt.
- Bristles aren’t stiff enough to scrub off stains.
|Brush Material||Thermoplastic rubber silicone|
|Handle Material||Stainless steel|
|Hygienic||Dries fast, tweezers included|
|Dimensions||16 x 5 x 16 inches|
7. Mr. Siga Plunger and Bowl Brush Combo
Best Toilet Brush-Plunger Set
Let’s face it: sometimes, a toilet plunger is necessary. If you’re in the market for a plunger and toilet brush, make both of these purcahses at once with the Mr. Siga combo.
This combo has an efficient toilet brush and a powerful plunger with a two-compartment holder. It saves you space and disguises the set in a stylish design. Plus, it’s a sanitary storage unit, keeping your bathroom organized, neat and tidy.
The brush is made with strong bristles that won’t warp or bend. Its dense nylon bristles scrub and brush away stubborn dirt and stains around the entire bowl, including underneath the rim. Water drips off the bristles, quickly drying the brush, so you can store it hygienically.
The plunger is heavy-duty, made with commercial graded rubber. It can clear clogs from your toilet, as well as shower drains and sinks.
- Two in one plunger and brush set.
- Dense nylon brush bristles.
- Powerful commercial-grade rubber plunger.
- Stylish storage unit.
- Water drains off the bristles quickly for a more hygienic experience.
- Compact and nuetral design.
- Cheap materials.
- Overwhelming rubber smell.
|Brush Material||Dense nylon|
|Purpose||Residential or commercial|
|Dimensions||8.2 x 6.3 x 18.1 inches|
8. TreeLen Toilet Brush
Best Budget Pick
You don’t need to spend a fortune on a good toilet brush. Our top pick if you’re on a budget is the TreeLen toilet brush.
It is a unique brush, especially for the price. It has two brush heads; one is thermoplastic rubber silicone which is soft, flexible and extra hygienic. The other side is PP plastic which is great for getting rid of tough stains and dirt.
Both brushes have been hemispherically designed to get under the rim and in hard to reach places.
The holder doesn’t have a closed top but it does collect water drips without leaks. The tray has ventilation slots for water to evaporate quicker than standard holders. While it does control odors, you should still clean this regularly.
- Two brush heads: silicone and plastic.
- Hemispheric design helps get into hard to reach places.
- Widely spaced bristles drain water quicker.
- 16-inch long handle to get into hard to reach places.
- Included tweezers for removing hair and debris.
- The holder is light and flimsy.
- The brush is cheaply made. Some customers reported it broke after the first use.
|Brush Material||Thermoplastic rubber silicone and PP bristles|
|Hygienic||Dries fast, tweezers included, ventilation holes|
|Dimensions||5.3 x 5.3 x 16.5 inches|
9. Dora Bridal Toilet Bowl Brush Hold Combo
Best Stylish Toilet Brush
Toilet brushes aren’t usually the most sightly addition to a bathroom. If you’re looking for something stylish, you’re in luck. There are so many cool and elegant toilet brushes on the market. But the Dora Bridal toilet brush definitely caught our eye!
The unique design will bring new life to your bathroom and entertain your guests, too. It’s made from ABS plastic material to endure repeated use. It’s much stronger than normal PP material.
Although it’s quite a niche design, we think it will look good in every bathroom. It’s lightweight and small, so it doesn’t take up too much space.
Keep in mind that it does have bristles instead of silicone. The bristles, however, are strong and dense to powerfully clean your toilet. It can remove stains, dirt, and discoloration from your toilet. It also has a top cover to tightly seal in any odors.
- Unique, stylish cherry design.
- Strong, dense bristles to give a deep clean.
- Detachable brush head.
- Top cover to seal in odors.
- Handle tends to loosen with usage.
|Hygienic||Yes, has top cover|
|Dimensions||15.35 x 5.51 x 5.51 inches|
10. Wimius Upgraded Spin Scrubber
Best Electric Toilet Brush
The Wimius is a fantastic tool for your toilet and the rest of your home. This electric tool can clean your toilet, floors, sinks, and bathtubs.
It has four brush heads: hard flat, small flat, corner round, and pointed brush. We recommend the pointed brush for toilets since it can get into hard to reach places.
The brush heads are durable and won’t lose their bristles over time. They can clean all kinds of stains, including stubborn dirt, soap scum, mildew, and grime.
The electric power behind the brush means less elbow grease and scrubbing for you. Just take the brush to the toilet and turn it on. The spinning motion will get the scum and grime away almost immediately!
With the long adjustable arm, you can be far away enough from the toilet in case there is any splashback.
Overall, this electric spin scrubber will help you achieve a super deep clean of your bathroom.
- Cuts down cleaning time.
- Versatile product, that can be used in every room of the house.
- Lightweight and long handle.
- Good for people with wrist and back pain.
- Charge time of 60 to 90 minutes.
- Four brush heads for various tasks.
- It could be more powerful.
- It needs to be plugged into a USB unit for charging.
|Brush Material||ABS and TPE|
|Handle Material||Plastic and stainless steel|
|Hygienic||No additional hygiene measures|
|Dimensions||20 x 5 x 3 inches|
|Product||Best||Brush Material||Handle Material||Hygienic||Purpose||Dimensions|
|Clorox ToiletWand||Disposable Toilet Brush||Sponge with Clorox||Plastic||Yes||Residential||15.31 x 4.4 x 4.75″|
|Marbrasse Toilet Bowl Brush||For Under the Rim||ABS & PP||Plastic||No||Residential or commercial||16.6 x 6.2 x 4.2″|
|MangoTime Toilet Brush||Space Saving Brush||Silicone||Plastic & stainless steel||Yes||Residential||12.17 x 9.53 x 6.65″|
|Elypro Hygienic Toilet Brush||Hygienic||Plastic||Plastic||Yes||Residential||5 x 4.5 x 22″|
|Libman Commercial Brush||Commercial Toilet Brush||Recycled PET||Rubber grip||No||Commercial||15.79 x 11.1 x 5.91″|
|BoomJoy Brush & Holder Set||Silicone Toilet Brush||Rubber silicone||Stainless steel||Yes||Residential||16 x 5 x 16″|
|Mr. Siga Combo||Toilet Brush-Plunger Set||Dense nylon||Plastic||Yes||Residential or commercial||8.2 x 6.3 x 18.1″|
|TreeLen Toilet Brush||Budget Pick||Rubber silicone & PP bristles||Plastic||Yes||Residential||5.3 x 5.3 x 16.5″|
|Dora Bridal Combo||Stylish Toilet Brush||Bristles||Plastic||Yes||Residential||15.35 x 5.51 x 5.51″|
|Wimius Upgraded Spin Scrubber||Electric Toilet Brush||ABS & TPE||Plastic & stainless steel||No||Residential||20 x 5 x 3″|
Types of Toilet Brushes
There are three main types of toilet brushes: manual, electric, and disposable. Within the manual category, you can get bristled or silicone toilet brushes.
Bristled toilet brushes use synthetic materials, such as plastic or nylon. They used to be made with animal hair, but that isn’t commonly used anymore (1).
Bristled toilet brushes are still very common but they aren’t as hygienic as silicone toilet brushes. However, they’re preferred by many because they can remove tough stains. However, the brush is more difficult to clean.
- Available in a variety of styles and prices.
- Great for removing tough stains.
- Generally very affordable.
- Not the most hygienic.
- They are hard to clean.
Silicone toilet brushes are relatively new to the market, but they are taking the toilet brush world by storm. Users praise them for being more hygienic, easier to clean, and less drippy and messy than bristled options. And although they’re quite new, and significantly more hygenic, they aren’t actually that expensive compared to bristled brushes.
- Super hygienic and easy to clean.
- They don’t drip as much as bristled options.
- Not as many options to choose form.
- Slightly more expensive htna bristled options.
An electric toilet brush is similar to a bristle toilet brush. But it uses electric power to rotate or vibrate the head for quicker results.
It removes the need for elbow grease and the hard scrubbing, of your toilet cleaning routine. However, they may not be more hygienic because the electric power of the brush can flick up bits of dirt and bacteria.
- Electric power makes it effective on tough stains.
- Helps you clean your toilet quicker.
- Often they are multi-purpose.
- Multiple head options available.
- Great for deep cleaning.
- High power might flick off dirt and bacteria.
- You need to recharge it or plug it in.
Finally, you will find disposable toilet brushes. These usually consist of a reusable handle but disposable heads. After each use, you toss the head in the trash, meaning you use a fresh head every time. This ensures you have a super hygienic experience; although it does add to extra waste as these aren’t recyclable or compostible.
- Super hygienic since you’re never using a dirty toilet brush.
- Practical design.
- Provide a great, deep clean.
- Many options disinfect the toilet, too.
- Not great for the environment.
- Might not be super effective on stains.
- The cost adds up over time.
What to Look For (Buying Guide)
With all the different types of toilet brushes to choose from, how do you pick the best one?
Although this is probably your least favorite household chore, it doesn’t mean you should neglect it. Treat yourself to a good quality toilet brush to ensure ultimate hygiene in the bathroom.
Our top advice is to choose one with ensured hygiene properties such as silicone bristles and ventilation holes in the base. You can definitely choose a disposable option to ensure maximum hygiene, although this may cost extra money over time.