While there are many flashy cleaning accessories out there, you might not want to be so hasty to ditch the classic mop and bucket. This traditional way of cleaning works. Hi-tech robotic floor cleaners or expensive detergents have their place — but keeping it “old-school” has its merits.
If you’ve got any kind of hard floor surface in need of some TLC, a mop bucket could prove an invaluable addition to your household armory.
Not sure what’s suitable for your needs? This guide will explain the features to look out for in the best mop buckets.
- Built-in wringer
- Wringer guard prevents backsplash
- Includes a microfiber mop
- Comfortable handle
- Stores up to 4 gallons
- Visible notches for measuring
- Graduated half gallon measurements
- Four durable wheels
- Wide design
- Embossed measurements on the side
- Wire handle for durability
- Dual spouts for emptying contents
- Various color options
- Holds 65 gallons
- Choice of bright colors
Here are five of the best mop buckets for you to compare.
1. O-Cedar Easy Wring Bucket
Zero Effort Mop Bucket
If you are looking for many features to make your mopping fuss-free, this could be a suitable option. We love its compact size, making it super easy to store at home as well as easy to move around while cleaning. This is handy for those unexpected spillages.
The built-in wringer is what makes it stand out. All you have to do is pop in the mop and press down on the foot pedal. This activates the spin and removes any excess liquid without any elbow grease on your part.
There’s even a wringer guard to prevent any water splashes onto you or the floor.
In addition, this product also includes a mop. This is made from microfiber material and is triangular, which is great for cleaning corners and awkward spaces. The mop head is also machine washable for convenience.
- Built-in wringer to control moisture.
- Wringer guard prevents any backsplash on you or the floor.
- Includes a microfiber mop with a machine-washable head.
- Compact size makes it easy to grab in a hurry.
- The plastic foot pedal may lack durability.
2. Oxo Good Grips Measuring Bucket
Simple but Oh-So Practical Mop Bucket
If you’re looking for a no-frills yet functional mop bucket for around your home, this could fit the bill.
Inside the four-gallon bucket, it details measurements in both gallons and liters on an angle, so they’re easy to read. It’s a simple but helpful way to figure out where to fill to without dealing with measuring cups or facing trial and error.
We like that this bucket has a comfortable handle. It’s soft and easy to grip, making sure your hand doesn’t slip when you’re carrying it around. Even when it’s full, you shouldn’t feel it digging into your palm.
If you’re forever wrestling with your mop, you might appreciate the holder on the handle. It’s designed to keep your mop in a vertical position, which means you can free up your hands if the need arises. It will also keep it in place when stowing it away — so you can find your cleaning accessories instantly when they’re needed.
- Comfortable soft handle for carrying around.
- Stores up to four gallons of solution.
- Visible notches for measuring liquid cleaners.
- Mop stays in a vertical position when you store it.
- Users have noted durability issues.
3. Quickie EZ-Glide 5-Gallon Wheel Bucket
Best Mop Bucket on Wheels
This bucket is fantastic for mopping up around your home. It’s a basic design, but its generous width should support all shapes and sizes of mops and sponges. There’s also a handle to help you guide the bucket around, as well as an underside lift grip to help when pouring out.
It holds five gallons, which should be ample capacity for those who have larger floor spaces to maintain. It also features four wheels that swivel around in all directions for easier maneuverability. Being made of rubber, they will be kinder to your floors too.
In addition, there are measuring markers on the inside of the bucket. They’re a breeze to see in their graduating level design and staggered every half gallon for a more precise fill.
- Graduated half-gallon measurements, which are easy to see.
- Four durable wheels for moving around.
- Wide design to fit all mops and sponges.
- Underside lift grip makes emptying the water very easy.
- The plastic handle might not support a full bucket.
4. Rubbermaid Roughneck Bucket
Best Mop Bucket for Durability
We’ve all had those disaster moments when buckets fail at a crucial point — usually as you are dumping the dirty water. The household brand, Rubbermaid, offers this option to hopefully avoid these domestic mishaps.
It holds 3.5 gallons which is a decent size for chores around the home. It’s robust enough for use outside — car washing, window cleaning, and more. The twin spouts make it easy to pour out water from either end without spillages too.
Another great feature is the metal handle. This sturdy material allows you to carry a bucket fully-loaded, which means fewer trips to refill.
We also think the rectangular shape is a handy idea for stowing away. Unlike rounded mop buckets, this should fit snugly into a corner or on a shelf without taking up too much space.
- Embossed measurements on the side.
- Wire handle for durability.
- Dual spouts for emptying contents.
- Strong and durable enough for outdoor cleaning.
- The handle may not feel comfortable for some.
5. Carlisle Side Wringer Commercial Mop Bucket
Heavy-Duty Mop Bucket
If you are looking for a bucket that can withstand high-level use, this may be the one for you. Made from corrosion-resistant polyethylene, it’s sturdy and hard-wearing. It can also take up to 6.5 gallons for those bumper tasks.
It features four non-marking swivel caster wheels, which means negotiating around the furniture becomes a smoother affair. The fact you don’t have to carry it by hand is also a plus.
This one is great if you’ve got active kids. It has a caution sign on the side, so everyone knows the floor has recently been cleaned. You can even choose from five vibrant colors.
This bucket has a fantastic side press wringer. By pulling the lever, you can remove excess water in an instant. It can last up to 50,000 cycles.
- Four wheels for moving around effortlessly.
- Large capacity holding 6.5 gallons.
- Choice of bright colors.
- Included caution sign on the side, so people know floors are wet.
- Bulky design makes for difficult storage.
How to Choose a Mop Bucket
We’ve come up with some features and factors you may wish to consider when purchasing a mop bucket.
Is There a Mop Bucket That Separates Dirty Water?
There is a mop basket that separates dirty water. Wringer mop buckets include wastewater reservoirs that divide the dirty water from the clean. It improves efficiency, reducing the need to change the water.
Are O-Cedar Mops the Same As Vileda Mops?
O-Cedar and Vileda are the same mops because Vileda is the sister company to O-Cedar. Their mops and accessories are identical except for the branding and color.
How Do You Clean a Spin Mop Bucket?
The best way to clean a spin mop bucket is to fill it with hot water and add a cup of white vinegar. Drop the mop into the bucket and spin it, so the head removes bacteria from the base and sides of the bucket. When it is clean, empty the bucket.