Do you need to fix your leaky gutters as soon as possible? I have a fantastic solution: the best gutter sealants on the market can stop leaks in their tracks.
To create this list, I researched expert advice, genuine customer reviews, and my own expertise. After looking at each sealant’s make-up, cleaning ability, drying time, and other crucial details, I narrowed it down to the five top options.
Stick around to find a gutter sealant that works best for you, whether you need a super long-lasting liquid or something that dries extra fast.
- Easy to apply on multiple surfaces
- Suitable both indoors & outdoors
- Seals out water, moisture & air
- Flexible, conforming to the holes
- Works underwater
- Plant & pet safe
- Smooth & fast seal
- Can be painted over once dry
- Useful for crafting and DIY
- Suitable for wet & dry surfaces
- Shrink & crack-proof consistency
- Lifetime guarantee
- Transparent color
Review Methodology: At Oh So Spotless, our team of professionals conducts thorough research, analysis, and hands-on testing to bring you the most reliable information on the best gutter sealants available. We evaluate products from a user’s perspective, using a combination of data, experience, and expertise to measure performance and rank gutter sealants based on criteria such as effectiveness, durability, ease of application, and value for money. We compare products and identify key decision-making factors, providing you with first-hand evidence of what sets each gutter sealant apart from its competitors. Our in-depth assessment covers essential aspects, including design choices and their effect on users, ensuring that our recommendations are based on facts and results. Trust in Oh So Spotless to provide you with the most comprehensive review and guidance in choosing the perfect gutter sealant for your needs.
The Best Gutter Sealants of 2023
To create this list of the five best gutter sealants, I spent hours researching genuine customer reviews, expert advice, and each product’s unique specifications. This includes what type of sealant it is, what surfaces it adheres to, how long it takes to dry, and more.
Rest assured that these five options will help you patch up leaks and protect your home and garden. Let’s stick into it!
Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant
Best Liquid Sealant
This non-toxic, water-based liquid sealant from Liquid Rubber is just the thing for fixing leaks. It creates a watertight seal to prevent moisture from leaking through.
Suitable for all jobs, from small projects at home to big projects at work, this is both a light and heavy-duty product to have in the shed. You can easily apply it with a brush or a roller, making it suitable for most family members to give it a go.
Customers enjoy that it’s a multi-surface and versatile product. You can use this wherever you spot a leak. It’s suitable for roofs, gutters, ponds, homes, metal, concrete, wood, plant boxes, and more.
As mentioned, flexibility is a crucial feature to look for in a sealant, and this one ticks that box. It has over 1000 percent elongation, allowing it to hold the seal even if there is movement on your chosen surface.
As an extra measure, you can add Liquid Rubber Seam Tape or Geo-Textile over the sealant.
- UV-stable so that it can withstand the sun.
- Easy to apply with brush, roller, or piston paint sprayer.
- Suitable both indoors and outdoors.
- Multi-surface, so can be used practically anywhere.
- Provides a protective finish on multiple surfaces.
- One thousand percent elongation to ensure it adheres for a long time.
- May take more than 48 hours to dry in cold or humid weather.
- The paint goes black or brown when dry, which is unsightly for some.
- Might flake off when used in or near ponds.
|Drying Time||48+ hours, but may take longer|
|Flexible?||Yes, 1000 percent elongation|
Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Tape
While many of our findings include flexible sealants, this tape option goes the extra mile. You can use it in most places, building it up where you have more intense cracks and holes. It’s been designed to conform to various surfaces to ensure an end to those pesky leaks.
As well as being flexible, it’s very versatile. You can use this tape both indoors and outdoor, and even underwater! It’s suitable for fixing pool liners, roofs, gutters, vehicles, and so much more.
It can withstand the test of time in various weather conditions. Customers appreciate that it’s suitable for both wet and dry areas, but it’s also safe in sunlight.
It has a UV-resistant backing, ensuring it stays adhered to your chosen surface even in those conditions. As for temperatures, it works in temperatures from -70 to 200°F. Wow! Now that’s versatile.
- Suitable on multiple surfaces, including wood, glass, acrylic, and more.
- Seals out water, moisture, and air.
- Flexible, conforming to the holes both indoors and outdoors.
- Works underwater.
- Extra thick adhesion with UV-resistant backing.
- Available in black or white.
- Customers reported that it didn’t stick to pools for more than a few days.
- Stickiness means it’s hard to cut with scissors.
- Best on entirely flat surfaces rather than textured.
|Quantity||One pack (4 inches by 10 feet)|
Flex Seal Liquid Rubber in a Can
Best Long Lasting Gutter Sealant
When you fix a leak with sealant, you want it to be a lasting solution. Customers say this Flex Seal product lasts many years, ensuring your leaks won’t return for a while!
The reason it lasts so long is that it is flexible, ensuring that it will shift alongside any structural changes. It also creates a watertight seal so that all water and moisture can remain out. Last but not least, it’s resistant to rust, chemicals, mildew, and corrosion. It’s a very durable concoction that can last the test of time.
I appreciate that it’s a non-toxic and animal-safe product. Many sealants are made with harsh chemicals, but not this one. So even if a curious bird has a sniff or peck around the sealant, it won’t harm them.
Last but not least, this is a versatile product. Of course, it works brilliantly on gutters. But it’s also suitable for vehicles, boats, birdbaths, pools, basements, and many more places.
- Plant and pet-safe.
- Apply with brush, roller, dipping, or pouring.
- Smooth and fast seal.
- UV-resistant, suitable for sunny areas.
- Lasts for years; great flexibility.
- You can’t paint over it.
- Sticky and glossy finish, which some people don’t like.
- Easy to peel off once it’s dry.
|Drying Time||24-48 hours, but may take longer|
Flex Seal Spray Rubber Sealant
Best Spray Sealant
This sealant is a liquid rubber. It exits the can as a liquid and instantly seeps into cracks and holes before drying into a protective and watertight coating. If you need to stop leaks quickly, this is a fantastic product.
Once you’ve applied it, it should last for years, so you don’t have to worry about many touch-ups. It’s also available in 12 colors, so you can find one that matches your chosen surface. If you don’t like any of the colors, you can paint right over it once it’s dry!
This is also a terrific multi-surface option. It’s suitable for gutters, of course, but also windowsills, awnings, vehicles, roofs, and much more.
- Super easy to apply.
- Twelve color options, plus it can be painted over once dry.
- Can be used for crafting as well as DIY.
- Suitable for wet and dry surfaces.
- Spray option that dries into a rubber coating.
- Flexible and pliable for years.
- Very thin consistency, so needs multiple coats and may go runny.
- No UV protection; may crack in direct sunlight.
- Hazardous chemicals included.
|Drying Time||24-48 hours|
|Quantity||14 ounces (2 pack)|
DAP Crystal Clear Gutter Sealant
Best Quick Drying Gutter Sealant
If the average 24-48 hour wait time is too long for you, check this DAP gutter sealant out. The drying time is only 30 minutes! Not even rain can ruin this fresh coat.
You can even paint over it after 30 minutes. Super speedy.
This product is also 100 percent weatherproof and waterproof, so it will stand the test of time no matter where you live. As someone who lives in a super rainy country, this sounds like a magic product.
Easily apply this to both wet or dry surfaces. This is a versatile product that you can use on all gutters in various areas.
Keep In Mind
In general, this is suitable for areas 0 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do live in a particularly cold place, keep in mind that this may not be the right product for you.
- Shrink and crack-proof consistency.
- Lifetime guarantee for your confidence.
- Suitable for both wet and dry surfaces up to 140°F.
- Transparent color for aesthetic purposes.
- Won’t shrink or crack.
- Can’t be used in conditions less than 0°F.
- Hard to squeeze out the tube.
- No UV protection.
- Exterior surfaces only.
|Multi-Surface||No, gutters and flashing only|
|Drying Time||30 minutes|
|Flexible?||Somewhat — it’s crack and shrink-proof|
|Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant||Liquid Sealant||Liquid||Yes||48+ hours||Yes||5 gal.|
|Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Tape||Flexible||Tape||Yes||Instantly||Yes||4″ x 10′|
|Flex Seal Liquid Rubber in a Can||Long Lasting Gutter Sealant||Liquid||Yes||24-48 hours||Yes||16 oz|
|Flex Seal Spray Rubber Sealant||Spray Sealant||Spray||Yes||24-48 hours||Yes||14 oz (2-pack)|
|DAP Crystal Clear Gutter Sealant||Quick Drying Gutter Sealant||Paste||No||30 minutes||Yes||9 oz|
How To Find the Best Gutter Sealants
Are all gutter sealants the same? Nope! Consider these essential criteria to ensure you choose the best sealant for your situation.
FAQs About Gutter Sealants
When it comes to gutters, a small problem can quickly lead to a massive issue. If you spot a leak, it’s better to seal it as soon as possible, even if you’re later planning to get a professional repair person in.
When buying a gutter sealant, make sure you consider the most important details. This includes the type, what surfaces it works on, the drying time, flexibility, durability, odor, versatility, and quantity.