With lots of dishwashing tools on the market, it can be hard to know which to choose. In our home, we use some of each: cloths, sponges, and scrubbers. Each has its own place in the dishwashing routine, and with such affordable prices, you can’t go wrong.
But how do you find the best dish scrubbers when there are so many to choose from? We’ve done the hard work for you: hours of research into expert advice, genuine customer reviews, and various products.
After looking at each scrubber’s material, purpose, and durability, we put together a comprehensive guide for our 10 favorite options. You’re sure to find one that suits your cleaning routine.
- Double-sided for scrubbing and absorbing
- Comfortable and flexible shape
- Won’t trap food
- Reusable and super durable
- Dishwasher safe
- Safe on most surfaces
- Premium stainless steel construction
- Gentle on cast iron
- Rustproof material
- Long-handled for tall straws
- Dishwasher safe
- Versatile use
- Temperature control function for all kinds of mess
- Gentle on delicate items
- Great for cleaning silverware
- Fits in most bottles & cups
- Dual bristles for effective scrubbing
- Non-slip handle
- Small & compact
- Recycled & eco-friendly materials
- Durable and strong bristles
- Eco-friendly materials
- Durable & stiff bristles
- Gentle for any type of cookware
- Eco-friendly bamboo
- Safe for non-stick cookware
- Aesthetic design
- Has built-in soap dispenser
- Good for scrubbing vegetables
- Hanging hole for good air drying
We’ve put in hours of research from real customer reviews and expert advice to create this list. With our own expertise and experience, we are sure you’ll find something on our list. To complete it, we looked at each product’s features, material, durability, and many more important details.
Get ready to have your dishwashing routine upgraded by these 10 best dish scrubbers!
1. 3M Scotch Brite Stay Clean Scrubber
Best No-Scratch Dish Scrubber
Nobody wants a scrubber that will scratch their favorite dishes. Well, you’re in luck! Because customers rave about the 3M Stay Clean scrubbers for their gentle approach to removing dirt and food residue.
These scrubbers are double-sided. Both sides are non-scratch, but each has a different purpose. One side is for tough but gentle scrubbing for a variety of surfaces; the other side is absorbent for wiping away soap and water.
Another big bonus with these scrubbers: they won’t trap food! Traditional sponges are very clingy regarding food, but these aren’t. Even though they look and sort of feel like a traditional sponge, they are so much better.
The slightly curved edges mean these are very comfortable and easy to hold in your hand. The flexibility lets you into all nooks and crannies.
We also love that the absorbent side can wipe up spills, wet spots on countertops and wipe down your sink after washing the dishes.
- Double-sided: one for scrubbing and one for absorbing.
- Non-scratch material is safe on delicate dishes.
- Won’t trap food within the material.
- Comfortable to use thanks to flexible shape.
- Great for removing burnt-on food.
- Not very durable.
- Don’t dry quickly.
|Purpose||Scrubbing while being gentle|
2. Skoy Scrub
Best Eco-Friendly Dish Scrubber
If you’re looking for something eco-friendly, then this is one of our top recommendations in that department. The Skoy Scrubs are multi-purpose cloths that you can use on dishes, countertops, bathrooms, grout, furniture, and much more!
They’re made with a slightly abrasive but gentle texture. These can totally replace disposable scrubbing brushes. The scrubbing texture comes from a food-grade, non-toxic hardener that is more durable and long-lasting than traditional scrubbers.
You can easily clean it in the dishwasher when it gets a little grimy and dirty. If you find there are still food particles stuck in the material, simply rub the scrubber against itself to remove it.
Lastly, this scrubber is safe on most surfaces. This includes non-stick pans, ceramic, glass, and cooktops.
- Reusable and super durable.
- Made from non-toxic hardener and cotton material.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Replaces traditional scrubbing brushes.
- Safe on most surfaces, including non-stick and ceramic.
- Super funky design.
- Doesn’t lather or grip onto soap well.
- Doesn’t dry quickly.
|Material||98% cotton and 2% non-toxic hardener|
|Purpose||Cleaning most surfaces and dishes|
3. Amagabeli Steel Cast Iron Cleaner
Best for Cast Iron Pots
Cast iron needs to be cleaned with a little more TLC than other types of dishes. While you can maybe get away with a super soft cloth, it’s not very good at scrubbing off stubborn spots. For a deep clean, check out the Amagebeli Steel Cast Iron Cleaner.
This chainmail scrubber is made from stainless steel. It is astounding for restoring your cast iron cookware back to full cleanliness.
Each ring on this scrubber has been designed with quality steel. This makes it smooth enough for all kinds of pans, including dutch ovens, griddles, waffle irons, and more.
The steel itself is long-lasting and rustproof, so you don’t have to worry about it getting dirty. When you’re done using it, clean it in hot soapy water and hang it to air dry!
When using on cast iron, you don’t need to use any detergent. This scrubber, by itself, is enough to deep clean your cookware. Say goodbye to all kinds of stubborn stains.
- Made from premium stainless steel to last a long time.
- Gentle on cast iron.
- Rustproof material.
- Easy to clean and dry.
- Works without detergent for cleaning cast iron.
- Works to remove stubborn stains.
- The rings aren’t welded closely and may separate from one another.
- The chains get greasy easily.
|Purpose||Cleaning cast iron|
|Type||Cast iron steel cleaner|
4. Rawnori Straw Cleaning Brush
Best for Reusable Straws
You can’t have reusable straws without a straw cleaning brush. You’ll be amazed (and a little grossed out) at how much gunk comes out of your straws when you use one of these cleaning brushes. Especially if you use the straws for smoothies and other thick drinks!
These long-handled brushes are suitable for most straws. But if the brush is too short for your straw, just clean the straw from both ends, and you’ll have a sparkling clean straw!
You can also use these for other objects with a small opening. They also work for getting into corners and underneath lips on other dishes. Once you’ve used them, pop them in the dishwasher for a deep clean!
Customers love how quickly and effectively these brushes clean, even after the straws have been sitting around all day. Plus, they’re budget-friendly, so they should fit in with most people’s price range!
- Long-handled for cleaning tall straws.
- Clean straws quickly and effectively.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Versatile — use for other dishes, too.
- Budget-friendly price point.
- Flexible material gets into bendy straws.
- Not super rigid.
- The wire handle bends easily.
|Material||Wire handle, bristle material not disclosed|
|Purpose||Cleaning reusable straws|
5. Scrub Daddy Lemon Fresh Scrubber
Best Scented Dish Scrubber
For a little lemon-fresh scent, check out the Scrub Daddy scrubbers. Scrub Daddy is infused with a citrusy scent that smells like fresh lemons. Customers love that these scrubbers make their dishwashing routine smell extra clean and fresh.
These scrubbers also have a really cool temperature control function. When the scrubber is in cold water, it goes hard to help with tough scrubbing.
In warm water, it goes soft for lighter cleaning. However, keep in mind that this can be frustrating if you need to use warm water and a tough cleanse.
We love that these scrubbers are gentle, even for non-stick pots and pans. Test in a small spot before using on the whole pan, but they’re designed to be scratch resistant.
Another excellent feature of these scrubbers is that the smile has a purpose. It’s designed for cleaning between prongs on a fork! Insert the fork and watch it come out sparkling clean.
You can pop these in the top rack of the dishwasher when they’re dirty, and they will safely clean.
- Pleasant lemon scent.
- Temperature control function for removing all kinds of mess.
- Gentle on delicate items, including non-stick.
- Great for cleaning silverware.
- Amazing for cleaning the bottom of glasses.
- Resists odors for up to eight weeks.
- You’ll need to replace it every couple of months.
- Doesn’t stay stiff in hot water.
|Durability||Lasts around eight weeks|
|Purpose||Scrubbing all dishes|
|Type||Scented scrubbing sponge|
6. OXO Good Grips Bottle Brush
Best for Bottles
Do you ever find your dish brush can’t fit inside your water bottle? And it’s virtually impossible to clean the inside with a sponge or a cloth? Well, look no further than the OXO Bottle Brush.
No matter what kind of water bottle you have — narrow or wide head — this brush should fit in the opening. Finally, you can get a deep clean of the inside of your bottle!
The design has two bristle types, differentiated by blue and white colors. The blue bristles are stiffer; they can reach into hidden corners and provide a good scrub to remove build-up. The white bristles are softer and gently cleanse your bottle, which is especially good for delicate materials that are prone to scratching.
- Fits in most bottles, cups, and glasses.
- Dual bristles for gentle and intense scrubbing.
- Non-slip handle.
- You can use it for regular dishwashing, too.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Flexible neck provides easy cleaning.
- It’s a bit too short for some bottles.
- Bristles are too soft for some people’s liking.
|Purpose||Cleaning inside bottles|
|Eco-Friendly||No, but it will last for a long time|
|Type||Bottle scrubber brush|
7. Full Circle Dispenser & Bamboo Dish Brush
Best With Soap Dispenser
The Full Circle product is an awesome choice for a scrubber and soap dispenser combo.
We love that it comes with a bamboo dish brush that is small and comfortable to hold. The durable bristles have some serious scrubbing power. You can remove sticky and stubborn spots on your dishes.
The ceramic base is the soap dispenser. Just pour in your soap and dip in your brush. The springs inside the base help to create suds and deliver a good amount of soap onto the brush.
When you’re not using this, it sits discreetly on your kitchen countertop. It takes up much less space than a classic bottle of dish soap and a collection of sponges and large brushes. So if you live in a small home, this is a perfect space-saving solution.
Also, the base is a great way to dry out the bristles in between uses so they don’t harbor moisture, odors, and bacteria.
- Includes dish scrubber and soap dish.
- Compact, so great for small spaces.
- Recycled and eco-friendly materials.
- Durable and strong bristles.
- Spring-loaded base helps soap suds up.
- Ceramic base is dishwasher safe.
- Soap not included.
- Bristles may flare out, and it can be hard to fit the brush into the base.
|Material||Bamboo, ceramic, recycled plastic, recycled stainless steel|
|Durability||Yes, but bristles may flare out|
|Purpose||Scrubbing most dishes|
|Type||Scrubber and soap dispenser|
8. Full Circle Be Good Kitchen Dish Brush
Go green with this Full Circle Be Good brush. It’s made from eco-friendly materials such as bamboo and recycled plastic.
These durable bristles are designed to be long-lasting and effective at scrubbing off caked-on food. So if your dishes have been sitting in the sink for a while, this brush can deeply clean them, so they’re ready for the next meal.
We love that these are available in three colors — green, purple, and white. You can find the perfect brush to suit your kitchen and personal preferences.
Customers love how effective this is at cleaning all kinds of dishes. You can even use this on your pots and pans as it’s gentle but stiff enough to remove stubborn foods.
- Eco-friendly materials, including bamboo and recycled plastic.
- Three color options: green, purple, and white.
- Durable and stiff bristles.
- Gentle enough for any cookware.
- The angled head gets into tight corners.
- Long, ergonomic handle for comfortable use.
- The head is large, so not good for smaller cups, glasses, and bottles.
- Food gets stuck between the bristles easily.
|Material||Bamboo and recycled plastic|
|Purpose||Scrubbing most dishes|
|Type||Handled dish brush|
9. Mr. Siga Bamboo Dish Scrubber
With a long handle, you can deep clean your dishes without submerging your hands under soapy water. This makes the dishwashing routine less gross, and protects your skin, especially if it’s sensitive.
The handle is made from 100 percent sustainably-sourced, mildew-resistant bamboo. It’s ergonomically shaped so that it’s comfortable in your hand, and you can get a good grip for effective scrubbing.
As for the bristles, they are effective at removing stubborn and sticky food messes. As long as you properly maintain the brush, of course.
You can use this brush on all kinds of dishes, including non-stick, stainless steel, copper, and ceramic. It’s kind in the kitchen and, of course, kind to the environment.
- Eco-friendly bamboo.
- Safe for non-stick cookware.
- Aesthetic design choice.
- Non-scratch and odor-free bristles.
- Bristles and scraper remove grease and grime.
- Included rope for easy hanging.
- Some may find the angle a bit awkward.
- Handle gets slippery.
|Purpose||Scrubbing most dishes|
|Type||Handled dish brush|
10. Dolike Silicone Sponges
Best Silicone Dish Scrubber
If you’re in the market for a silicone scrubber, we recommend the Dolike sponge set. Compared to regular sponges, these scrubbers definitely come out on top. They’re easy to clean, flexible, won’t deform, and don’t harbor dirt and bad smells.
With this set of three, you can always have a clean sponge ready to tackle that pile of dishes. But there’s more to these sponges than just being cool silicone.
Each sponge has a scraper at the top for removing stubborn bits of dirt and food. The scraper at the side is ideal for scraping plates, removing food waste into the trash, and clearing crumbs on tables.
There’s also a built-in detergent dispenser. This makes it super easy to dispense soap for quick and easy cleaning.
Yes, these are awesome for cleaning dishes. But you can also use them on tabletops, for cleaning kitchen appliances, and for scrubbing vegetables after bringing them home from the store. Everything in your house will feel much cleaner with these sponges!
- Three added features for deeper cleaning.
- Easy to clean (dishwasher safe).
- Good for scrubbing vegetables.
- Hanging hole for good air drying.
- Built-in detergent slot for washing up quickly.
- Soft and flexible, making it easy to use.
- Take longer to see results than when using regular sponges.
- Not easy to clean in corners.
|Durability||Yes, can be washed and reused many times|
|Purpose||Scrubbing dishes, appliances, and vegetables|
|Eco-Friendly||Not recycled materials, but reusable|
|3M Scotch Brite Stay Clean Scrubber||No-Scratch Dish Scrubber||N/A||No||Scrubbing while being gentle||No||Sponge|
|Skoy Scrub||Eco-Friendly Dish Scrubber||98% cotton; 2% non-toxic hardener||Yes||Cleaning most surfaces & dishes||Yes||Cloth|
|Amagabeli Steel Cast Iron Cleaner||For Cast Iron Pots||Stainless steel||Yes||Cleaning cast iron||Yes||Cast iron steel cleaner|
|Rawnori Straw Cleaning Brush||For Reusable Straws||Wire handle||Yes||Cleaning reusable straws||Yes||Straw brush|
|Scrub Daddy Lemon Fresh Scrubber||Scented Dish Scrubber||Synthetic material||No||Scrubbing all dishes||No||Sponge|
|OXO Good Grips Bottle Brush||For Bottles||Plastic||Yes||Cleaning inside bottles||No||Brush|
|Full Circle Dispenser & Dish Brush||With Soap Dispenser||Bamboo, ceramic, recycled plastic & stainless steel||Yes||Scrubbing most dishes||Yes||Soap dispenser|
|Full Circle Be Good Kitchen Dish Brush||Brush||Bamboo & recycled plastic||Yes||Scrubbing most dishes||Yes||Brush|
|Mr. Siga Dish Scrubber||Handle||Bamboo||Yes||Scrubbing most dishes||Yes||Brush|
|Dolike Silicone Sponges||Silicone Dish Scrubber||Silicone||Yes||Scrubbing dishes, appliances & vegetables||Yes||Sponge|
What Is the Most Effective Way to Wash Dishes?
The most effective way to wash dishes is by using a dishwasher. It deeply cleans and sanitizes your dishes with minimal effort from you. However, not everything can go in the dishwasher, so you should be prepared to wash a few pieces by hand.
What Is Better To Use Than a Sponge?
While sponges definitely come in handy for certain dishwashing tasks, there are some better items to use. We recommend cloths for general dishwashing, but it’s not the most effective for caked-on and sticky bits of food.
A dish scrubber is a must-have in the kitchen. They come in a range of types and materials, but they’re all effective at scrubbing away stubborn food.
Plus, dish scrubbers last a lot longer than sponges. They can be washed, reused, and you can even get replaceable heads to cut down on waste.
How to Choose (Buying Guide)
With many different types of dish scrubbers available, you should consider these critical details. This will help you choose the best one for you and your dishes. You could even test a couple out since they’re not expensive.
How Do You Wash Dish Scrubbers?
Many dish scrubbers are dishwasher safe, but always check the manufacturer’s advice.
If yours isn’t dishwasher safe, follow this method:
- Run the scrubber under warm water and use your hand or a fork to remove food particles.
- Mix vinegar and dish soap into a bowl or cup. Use the dish brush to mix the solution, and then let the dish brush soak, fully submerged, in the solution for one hour.
- Rinse the scrubber in warm water.
- Lay it on a dish towel to fully air dry.