There’s no one-size-fits-all clothes hanger available. Different clothes require different clothes hangers to protect the fabric.
If you’re unsure what clothes hanger to buy for your garments, we can help. We’ve researched and tested various kinds of clothes hangers. We’ve also looked at real customer reviews and expert advice.
Not only does this list boast the best clothes hangers available, but we’ve narrowed down which is best for suits, baby clothes, pants, and more.
- Contoured shoulders keep clothing shape
- Grooves for strappy clothes
- Nylon-covered bar prevents slipping
- Saves up to 50 percent closet space
- Can hold garments up to 18 pounds
- Non-slip design
- Wide shoulder design
- Foam padding accessory bar
- Absorbs moisture & odors
- Soft velvet material
- Organized dividers
- Well-sized hangers
- Adjustable steel clips
- Flexible rotatable hook
- Study & durable design
- Compact and lightweight
- Great for travelling
- Anti-skid grooves
- Great for dresses
- Gentle on fabric
- Grooves and non-slip feature
- No hanger bumps or creases
- Non-slip coating
- Durable steel material with rubber coating
- Thick padding protects clothing
- Non-slip design
- Elegant & beautiful design
- Up to 60 percent space-saving
- High-quality metal that won't bend
- Works horizontally & vertically
Review Methodology: At Oh So Spotless, our commitment is to provide you with a thorough analysis and evaluation of the best clothes hangers available. Our experienced team conducts hands-on research, comparing and ranking products based on criteria such as durability, design, and functionality. We assess each hanger’s performance through data-driven measurements, ensuring the facts and results are reliable. Our review highlights key decision-making factors, such as material, space efficiency, and weight capacity, to help you identify the perfect hanger for your needs. Trust our professional insights and first-hand experience as we share the top clothes hangers that stand out from their competitors, making your wardrobe organization experience truly spotless.
The Best Clothes Hangers of 2023
We’ve spent hours researching expert advice, real customer reviews, as well as applying our own insight. With this information, we are here to recommend you the 11 best clothes hangers to keep your outfits in tip-top condition.
Get ready, get set, hang!
Zober High-Grade Wooden Suit Hangers
Best Suit Hanger
The Zober high-grade wooden hangers are the best hangers for suits. These luxurious hangers have varnished wood and a beautiful shape that’s perfect for suit jackets, shirts, and dress pants.
The contoured shoulder line prevents shoulder bumps and allows garments to keep their best shape. So when you take them off the hanger, they look as good as when you hung them up.
The hangers are made from durable lotus tree wood. We love them for suits, coats, and jackets, even heavy ones!
Save space by hanging pants over the accessory bar and a jacket on the shoulders of the same hanger. This also keeps the outfit in one place, which saves you time when getting ready.
- Smooth, quality, and splinter-free wood.
- Contoured shoulders to keep the shape of your clothes.
- Grooves for strappy clothes.
- Nylon-covered accessory bar to prevent slipping.
- Durable lotus tree wood.
- Suitable for light or heavy garments.
- They take up space.
- The grooves aren’t 100 percent sealed.
|Color Options||Brown, black, cherry, natural, vintage|
|Weight||3.64 ounces per hanger|
Mizgi Premium Velvet Hangers
Best Velvet Hanger
Velvet hangers are a top choice for delicate clothes, as they are gentle and prevent clothes from slipping. Our top recommendation for the best velvet hangers are the Mizgi premium velvet hangers.
They come in five different color options, so you can choose the style that matches your decor the best. They are a super sleek and slim design that can help save up to 50 percent of your closet space!
These sturdy hangers can hold up to 18 pounds per hanger. So if you have a heavy jacket or winter gear, hang it on one of these!
We love that there will be no shedding or fading on your clothes.
- Saves up to 50 percent of closet space.
- Can hold heavy garments up to 18 pounds.
- Non-slip design.
- Available in five color options, including grey and blush pink.
- Includes 360-degree swivel hook, notched shoulders, and an accessory bar.
- Won’t leave hanger marks on your clothes.
- You might need to shake before use to remove loose velvet.
- The hooks can be unscrewed easily.
|Best For||Delicate clothes, but can handle anything|
|Color Options||Gray, black, black with rosegold, blush pink, and white|
|Weight||2.38 ounces per hanger|
Topia Hanger Luxury Wooden Hangers
Best for Preventing Shoulder Bumps
Go the extra mile to prevent shoulder bumps and treat yourself to the Topia Hanger luxury wooden hangers. These may be on the more expensive side, but they are uniquely designed to keep your clothes in amazing condition in your closet.
The wide shoulder design supports your shirts, coats, jackets, and other clothes to keep them in the best shape. If you fold your clothes over the accessory bar, you don’t have to worry about bumps and creases, either. It has foam padding to give you a crease-free result.
The Topia hangers are made of cedar and give off a fresh forest scent so that your clothes smell great! But they also absorb moisture and odor in your closet so that clothes don’t get musty in there.
Although these hangers are great for suits, you can also hang sweaters and wool garments, too. The wood is beautifully finished so that it won’t scratch the garments.
- Wide shoulder design to prevent bumps.
- Foam padding accessory bar.
- Absorbs moisture and odors.
- Natural wood with pest control properties.
- 360-degree swivel hook lets you turn the hanger.
- Add a pleasant forest scent to your closet.
- Expensive price point per hanger.
- They take up space in a closet.
|Material||Ethylene-vinyl acetate, cedar|
|Best For||Suits, shirts, jackets, and sweatshirts|
|Color Options||One (cedar wood)|
|Weight||8.82 ounces per hanger|
Baby Nest Designs Unisex Baby Hangers
Best Hanger for Baby Clothes
The Baby Nest Designs unisex baby hangers are useful for baby clothes! Not only are they the perfect size — they come with dividers so you can organize your closet by clothes size. Easily see newborn clothes, 0-3 month clothes, 3-6 months, and so on.
These handy dividers are circular but carefully weighted, so they don’t spin upside down. They’ll always remain upright and easy to read.
Although the dividers are superb, the hangers are even better. They’re made of soft velvet, so they’re gentle on your baby’s clothes.
Plus, the clothes won’t slip off the hangers! They even have an accessory bar for added convenience.
- Soft velvet material is gentle on clothes.
- Organize dividers to separate clothes by age range.
- Dividers always remain upright.
- Well-sized hangers for baby clothes.
- Included accessory bar on the hanger.
- Available in multiple color options.
- You might outgrow these hangers after a year.
- The hooks might be too small for standard closet rods.
- Might be too wide for newborn shirts and cardigans.
|Best For||Baby clothes|
|Color Options||11 options including grey, blue and pink|
|Weight||1.54 ounces per hanger|
House Day Wooden Pants Hangers
Best for Pants and Skirts
Do you wear pants and skirts regularly? Then the House Day wooden pants hangers can suit both these garments.
The adjustable clips on the bars can hold pants and skirts of any size. Hanging the garments this way also helps to eliminate wrinkles while the clothes are stored away in your closet.
Inside the clips are soft rubber cushions to help protect your clothing from tear and damage. Combined with the durable solid wood of the hanger, these products can hold any skirt or pants.
- Adjustable stainless steel clips with rubber cushioning.
- Flexible rotatable hook.
- Study and durable design.
- Ideal for skirts and pants.
- Available in three color options.
- The clip won’t leave bite marks on your clothing.
- You can’t hang dresses, shirts, or jackets on these hangers.
- The grasp could be slightly tighter.
|Material||Wood and stainless steel|
|Best For||Pants and skirts|
|Color Options||Natural, white, or vintage|
|Weight||4.06 ounces per hanger|
Trubetter Portable Folding Clothes Hangers
Best Foldable Hanger
If you’re on the go a lot or just want to try out a foldable hanger, the Trubetter portable folding clothes hangers are our top pick. These hangers fold up really small to fit in your bag or pocket while you’re on the go. They’re slim and compact, so they don’t take up much space.
What’s great is that these hangers are suitable for baby clothes, women’s clothes, and men’s clothes. You can keep unfolding them to make them bigger to suit more oversized clothes! Plus, they have anti-skid grooves to keep your clothes from slipping off the hanger.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Suitable for baby, women’s, and men’s clothes.
- Great for all types of garments.
- Anti-skid grooves, so clothes don’t fall off.
- Amazing for travelling.
- Not recommended for heavy clothes.
- Could be slightly more durable.
|Best For||Lightweight clothes of any kind|
|Color Options||Five colors per pack|
|Weight||0.74 ounces per hanger|
Utopia Home Premium Non-Slip Velvet Hangers
Best Hanger for Dresses
The best hangers for dresses are the Utopia Home premium non-slip velvet hangers. Why? Because the velvet is soft and gentle on the fabric.
The grooves are useful for strappy dresses. And the hangers can hold up to 10 pounds, so even if your dress is heavy — this hanger can support it.
As well as the grooves to keep your clothes in place, the velvet is also non-slip. So you don’t need to worry about opening your closet to find your dresses have slipped to the floor.
These hangers will also help to save space in your closet. Each hanger is only 0.2 inches wide, so you can fit more clothes into your wardrobe.
- Great for dresses.
- Gentle on fabric.
- Grooves and non-slip feature to support clothes.
- Can handle up to 10 pounds per hanger.
- Extra durable materials for heavier garments.
- Available in six color options.
- They bend a bit too easily.
- Some customers complain of the velvet shedding.
|Material||Velvet and plastic.|
|Color Options||Ivory, black, grey, burgundy, pink, and purple|
|Weight||2.1 ounces per hanger|
Tosnail Slip-Reducing Contour Shirt Hangers
Best for Dress Shirts
For no hanger bumps or unsightly creases, your dress shirts will love the Tosnail Contour Hangers. These rounded hangers will honor the natural shape of your dress shirts and prevent them from falling off the hanger.
The smooth plastic finish of this hanger is high quality to protect your dress shirts, no matter how delicate the material. The actual hanger is made of steel, so it will last a long time.
These are also thin hangers to save space in your wardrobe and fit in more clothes.
Although we recommend them for dress shirts, they’re also great for sweatshirts, t-shirts, and blouses of any material.
- No hanger bumps or creases.
- Non-slip coating keeps clothes secure.
- Durable steel material with rubber coating.
- Space-saving for closets.
- Suitable for sweaters, blouses, and t-shirts.
- No sharp edges to snag your clothing.
- The metal hook doesn’t rotate.
- Hard to get clothes on and off because of the non-slip coating and wide shape.
|Material||Steel and plastic|
|Best For||Dress shirts, sweatshirts, and blouses|
|Color Options||One (black)|
|Weight||1.96 ounces per hanger|
Whitmor Satin Hanger
Best Hanger for Sweaters
While we recommend folding thick and knit sweaters, you’ll still want to hang up some sweaters in your closet. We always do this in winter so we can easily see our cozy clothes! For that, we recommend the Whitmor Satin Hangers.
These are thickly padded to hold your sweaters in super condition without hanger bumps. These are also suitable for delicates and blouses.
Each hanger has a beautiful shiny ivory satin coating and a delicate bow for an elegant touch. As well as being attractive in the closet, the Whitmor hangers protect your favorite garments from damage and stretching.
- Thick padding for ultimate protection.
- Prevents clothes from slipping off.
- Elegant and beautiful design.
- Great for sweaters, blouses, and delicates.
- Contoured design to prevent wrinkles.
- Swivelling metal hook.
- Not suitable for heavier garments.
- On the smaller side.
|Material||Satin with foam lining|
|Best For||Sweaters, blouses and delicates|
|Space Saving||No, they’re thick, so they take up some space|
|Color Options||White, ivory, earth tones, and two multi-color packs|
|Weight||1.6 ounces per hanger|
TOPmore Metal Space Saving Hangers
Best Space Saving Hanger
On the hunt for a space-saving solution? The Topmore metal space-saving hangers need to go in your basket! These metal hangers are super versatile and can help you save up to 60 percent of closet space.
You can hang six garments vertically or 12 pieces horizontally with just one hanger. But if you’re trying to save space, you’ll probably opt for the vertical option. When you choose this, the hanger falls at a bit of an angle and your garments go on descending hooks.
Note for this method, you will need to have space below your closet railing so the garments can hang freely.
One really awesome thing about this hanger is if you need to switch from horizontal to vertical hanging, all you need to do is remove one hook from the railing. Viola! You automatically save space.
- Saves a ton of space in your wardrobe.
- High-quality metal that won’t bend or break.
- Each hanger can hold up to 30 pounds.
- Hangers won’t slide from the slots.
- Works horizontally and vertically.
- Smooth edges to protect clothing.
- Clothes hangers (that hang on this hanger) not included.
- With the shirts so close together, clothes may wrinkle more.
|Best For||Shirts, t-shirts, blouses, dresses|
|Color Options||One (silver steel)|
|Weight||2.7 ounces per hanger|
iDesign Axis Scarf Hanger
Best for Belts, Scarves and Ties
Belts, scarves, and ties need proper storage, too. For that, we recommend the iDesign Axis hanger, which can store your favorite accessories.
It has 18 snag-free loops of various sizes to hang all types of belts, scarves, and ties. Keep everything organized in one place so you can easily reach for the accessory of your choice.
It’s a very elegant storage solution that saves you space and promotes organization. Go from shoving everything in a drawer to hanging it all up so you can see it all at a glance.
- Snag-free loops protect clothing.
- 18 holes for holding tons of garments.
- Good for ties, scarves, and belts.
- Keeps your wardrobe organized.
- Available in six color options.
- Budget-friendly price point.
- The small holes won’t work for thick scarves.
- No non-slip features.
|Best For||Ties, belts and scarves|
|Color Options||Bronze, copper, pearl champagne, pearl silver, pearl white, and chrome|
|Weight||9.8 ounces per hanger|
|Product||Best||Material||Best For||Color Options||Weight|
|Zober Wooden Hangers||Suit Hanger||Wood||Suits||Brown, black, cherry, natural, vintage||3.64 oz|
|Mizgi Velvet Hangers||Velvet Hanger||Velvet||Delicate clothes, but can handle any||Gray, black, black with rosegold, blush pink, and white||2.38 oz|
|Topia Luxury Hangers||For Preventing Shoulder Bumps||Ethylene-vinyl acetate, cedar||Suits, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts||One (cedar wood)||8.82 oz|
|Baby Nest Designs Baby Hangers||Hanger for Baby Clothes||Velvet||Baby clothes||11 options, including grey, blue and pink||1.54 oz|
|House Day Pants Hangers||For Pants & Skirts||Wood & stainless steel||Pants & skirts||Natural, white or vintage||4.06 oz|
|Trubetter Portable Hangers||Foldable Hanger||Plastic||Lightweight clothes of any kind||Five colors per pack||0.74 oz|
|Utopia Home Velvet Hangers||Hanger for Dresses||Velvet & plastic.||Dresses||Ivory, black, grey, burgundy, pink, and purple||2.1 oz|
|Tosnail Slip-Reducing Hangers||For Dress Shirts||Steel & plastic||Dress shirts, sweatshirts,blouses||One (black)||1.96 oz|
|Whitmor Satin Hanger||Hanger for Sweaters||Satin with foam lining||Sweaters, blouses & delicates||White, ivory, earth tones, and two multi-color packs||1.6 oz|
|TOPmore Space Saving Hangers||Space Saving Hanger||Metal||Shirts, t-shirts, blouses, dresses||One (silver steel)||2.7 oz|
|iDesign Axis Scarf Hanger||For Belts, Scarves & Ties||Metal||Ties, belts & scarves||Bronze, copper, pearl champagne, pearl silver, pearl white, and chrome||9.8 oz|
Is It Better to Hang Your Clothes or Fold Them?
Some clothes need to be folded; others should be hung.
What to Hang:
- Dress and casual pants.
- Dress shirts.
- Flowy clothes.
- Pleated items.
- Anything that tends to wrinkle.
- Lightweight clothes.
- Garments you’ve starch treated.
What to Fold:
- Thick sweaters or knitwear.
- T-shirts made of synthetic materials.
- Heavy garments.
- Stretchy clothes.
- Embellished items.
Something To Note
How To Choose the Best Clothes Hangers
When choosing the best hangers for your clothes, consider these important details.