Having an organized space clears the mind, keeps things tidy and saves you time when looking for something. When it comes to your closets and drawers — including the office, kitchen and bathroom drawers — it can be hard to keep everything organized and tidy.
But if you choose one of the best closet and drawer organizers, everything will have its place. So you don’t need to waste time looking for your favorite lipstick, cozy sweater or teaspoon when opening your drawer or closet anymore.
- Moisture resistant
- Convenient design
- Easy to fold & store
- Converts to jewelry & makeup bag
- 80 individual pockets
- Easy to store
- 6 divided compartments
- Has rubber pads
- Sturdy & will last for years
- 9 slots for different utensils
- Sustainable & water-resistant
- Extendable design
- Saves floor space
- Holds 12 pairs of shoes
- Breathable mesh pockets
- Saves space
- Mesh pockets on the side
- Sturdy unit
- Securely fastens to drawers
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable dividers
- Four different sets
- Mold-proof fabric
- Seven color options
- All-in-one closet organizer
- Easily customizable
- Has shelf and hanging rod
- Made of 75% recycled materials
- Utilizes vertical space in closet
Why You Need Closet and Drawer Organizers
You might be very happy living without closet and drawer organizers. But even if you’ve never thought about it, let us tell you the fantastic benefits of having one.
- It saves you time: Ever gotten stuck because you can’t find a set of socks or the silverware drawer is a mess? This can be frustrating in the mornings when you’re already late for work. Having closet and drawer organizers can keep everything in their proper place. So when you’re looking for something — you’ll know exactly where to search.
- It keeps things tidy: Having a place for everything keeps your closet and drawers much tidier. Imagine an underwear drawer where bras, socks and underwear are all mixed together. Now think of one where each garment has its separate place. The difference is magic!
- It saves space: Having a quality closet and drawer organizer will actually save you space. When everything is well organized, you’ll find you utilize your space better. This makes room for new clothes, accessories and makeup.
- You’ll lose less stuff: This is especially true for accessory and underwear organizers. Stop losing your lipstick in your makeup bag. Instead, with accessory organizers, you can keep each lipstick separate so that you always know where it is. Same goes for underwear! Stop losing your favorite pair of cozy socks down the back of the drawer.
Types of Closet and Drawer Organizers
There are many different types of closet and drawer organizers. We’ll cover some of the main ones. Hopefully, you’ll spot one that looks perfect for you!
Storage Bins and Boxes
Storage bins are an easy and effective way to organize your closet and save space. We especially love these for storing away winter clothes during summer and vice versa!
They come in many different sizes and colors, so you can find the perfect one for you. Simply fill them with the garments or items you want to store.
Stack them on your closet floor or put them on a shelf. These are best for people who have limited closet space but a lot of clothes.
If you have spare space on a rack, but want to keep your clothes more visibly organized, try hanging storage! These hang down and have built in cubes. So, you can keep one for jeans, one for shorts, one for shirts, one for dresses and so on. These are also ideal for handbags and shoes. This is best for garments that are okay to be folded, rather than hung. So we don’t recommend this for blouses, dress shirts or pants.
Closet shelves are simple but super handy for utilizing your space. Whether you have a small closet or a walk-in closet, shelves are a must-have. These are great for storing winter clothes in summer, and vice versa.
Shelves are also great for storing occasion dresses that you’ll only wear a few times a year. They’re perfect for shoes, handbags and anything else you don’t reach for daily.
Accessory organizers are best for people who have a lot of jewellery. Most come with other shelves or storage slots for makeup, beauty products, deodorants, moisturizers and more.
There is a huge range of accessory organizers, including shelves and hanging storage. So you’ll definitely be able to find one that suits your style.
Drawer organizers are a game-changer when it comes to saving space and keeping things categorized. They come in all sorts of sizes and shapes to fit any drawer. You can find cloth, wood and plastic options.
These products are ideal for organizing underwear, socks, and bras. They’re also ideal in the bathroom for organizing toothpaste, makeup and hair products. And they’re a must-have in the kitchen for organizing silverware.
Everybody needs shoe storage in their home. It keeps the shoes from piling up in a messy (and rather stinky) pile at the front door.
You can get shelves, boxes and hanging storage to keep inside your closet. All of them are good options for your shoes, but it depends on how much space you have in your home.
If you’re low on space, definitely check out a hanging option! You can put it on the back of your door. It also makes it easy to see all your shoes at once.
Garment organizers are larger systems for your closet. You can secure them to the wall, though some are standing. Most have clothing rails for hanging garments, as well as shelves for folded garments or storage boxes.
Garment organizers work for any closet. Everybody should have some kind of organizer system in their closet to keep garments generally categorized. Just make sure you choose one that will fit in your space.
Choosing the Best Closet and Drawer Organizers
If you’ve decided you definitely need a closet and drawer organizer system, then look at these important details. Keeping these factors in mind will help you find the best one for your home.
Closet and drawer organizers come in a range of materials. You’ll find ones made of plastic, polyester, wood, wire and much more. Choose a material that best fits your interior. But also, consider their durability.
Plastic storage boxes will crack and break quicker than cloth boxes, although they’re much easier to clean. Each material has pros and cons, so consider carefully before buying.
Think about how much space you have. Measure your closet and drawer before buying a new product to make sure it will definitely fit. Also, consider if you’re looking for a solution to save space. If so, closet drawer organizers and shelves are great options.
Child and Pet-Friendly
If you have kids and pets around, you might want something that is out of their reach. For example, an accessory shelf will be the best option, especially when it comes to storing small accessories, like earrings.
Hanging storage is also great since it might be slightly out of reach of your kids and pets. Lastly, make sure to secure closet organizers to the wall so your baby doesn’t tip it over if they find their way in there.
Most importantly, choose the best item for your purpose. For example, we wouldn’t recommend a closet shelf if you’re storing accessories. Shop by category to find the best solution for your storage needs.
Finally, look at the capacity of the item. Think about how much you want to store and if it will all fit in the new product you’re choosing. Also, if you only have one item to store, for example, still make sure that the box or bin you’re buying will be big enough to host the garment.
The Best Closet and Drawer Organizers of 2021
To recommend you the best closet and drawer organizers, we’ve spent hours researching. We’ve considered expert advice, real customer reviews and our own experience with organizers. We now bring you the top 10 options on the market.
1. Criusia Foldable Storage Bins
The Criusia foldable storage bins are our top recommendation for storage bins. They come in a pack of three, are spacious and can hold more than 30 pounds of stuff.
What makes them better than other storage bins? First, they’re cute! They are a lovely beige color that will look good in any space. But above all, they are resistant to moisture thereby preventing the accumulation of molds and bacteria. So even if you leave a t-shirt in there all year long, it will still be wearable when you discover it again.
Also, it is a trapezoidal design so you can better see what’s in the box. You can store your clothes in a pile, but we recommend organizing them in vertical rows. That way, you utilize the space better and make the garments easier to see.
This is a must-have for clothes, toys, books, and more. You can use these in your closet, the kid’s closet, or the hall closet.
- Resistant to moisture.
- Convenient design to see what’s inside the box.
- Spacious, and holds more than 30 pounds of stuff.
- Easy to fold and store when they’re not in use.
- Not the cheapest option.
|Purpose||Organizing clothes, toys, books in closet|
|Capacity||Over 30 pounds of stuff|
|Size||20 x 11 x 8.5 inches per box|
2. Misslo Hanging Jewelry Organizer
The Misslo hanging jewelry organizer is a must-have for anyone with a lot of accessories! This is the best accessory organizer on the market. It’s lightweight, easy to hang and has 80 pockets for all your accessories.
In this organizer, you can store earrings, necklaces, bracelets, hair binders, makeup, brooches, buttons and much more. You can even store wires and chargers in there, too.
We recommend putting one item in each pocket so you can easily see what’s available to you. It definitely helps with choosing something to wear and getting ready in the morning.
This sturdy unit hangs on the back of your door or on your closet railing. You need a spare coat hook to hang the organizer on, but after that, it’s set up and ready to use.
- Great replacement for a jewelry box and makeup bag.
- 80 individual pockets.
- Easy to store.
- Keeps items organized and easy to see.
- The compartments are small.
- No zipper on the compartments — items might fall out during transportation.
|Material||Non-woven fabric with clear vinyl pouches|
|Capacity||80 individual pockets|
|Size||17.17 x 8.74 x 0.79 inches|
3. AmazonBasics Mesh Desk Drawer Office Organizer
When you’re at the office, how do you keep your pens, pencils, sharpeners, calculators and notes organized? The AmazonBasics mesh desk drawer organizer, of course!
This organizer tray is a must have for anyone that has desk drawers. No matter your occupation, you can use this to save space. So whether you are a teacher, artist, graphic designer or business person — this is a useful product.
It has six divided compartments — two large, and four small — for a variety of items. When you next open your desk drawer, you won’t be overwhelmed with clutter and chaos. It’ll be much easier to find what you’re looking for.
The rubber pads on the bottom of the tray stop it from scratching or ruining your desk drawer. It’s 2.4 inches deep, too, so it should fit in most drawers.
- Perfect for desk drawers, no matter your occupation.
- Six divided compartments.
- Rubber pads to protect your drawer.
- Sturdy; will last for years.
- Might be too deep for some desk drawers.
|Purpose||Organizing desk drawers|
|Capacity||One tray with six compartments|
|Size||14.45 x 2.2 x 11.97 inches|
4. Royal Craft Wood Bamboo Kitchen Drawer Organizer
The Royal Craft Wood bamboo kitchen drawer organizer is a must-have for organizing your silverware and other kitchen utensils. It’s overwhelming if you don’t have a product to organize your kitchen utensils. Not to mention, it can be pretty dangerous when scavenging through a drawer where sharp knives are roaming loose.
This best drawer organizer has nine handy slots. There’s space for everything in here. You can organize things by categories such as forks, spoons, butter knives, teaspoons, scissors, chopping knives, serving spoons and much more. You’ll be amazed with how easy and practical this storage solution is.
The wood itself is sustainable moso bamboo. It’s strong, durable, antibacterial, water-resistant and eco-friendly. When it gets dirty, cleaning it with a damp cloth is enough to renew it.
If you find the drawer organizer is too big for your liking, you can actually collapse the sides and make it smaller. Then, if you move to a larger home, you can extend it again to create more space in your kitchen drawer.
- Nine handy slots for different utensils.
- Sustainable and water-resistant bamboo wood.
- Extendable design.
- Extra deep (2.8 inches) for storing lots of utensils.
- Nails might come out of the wood over time.
- If it’s too small, it will slide around in the drawer. There is no security footing.
|Material||Moso bamboo wood|
|Purpose||Organizing kitchen drawers|
|Capacity||Nine deep slots|
|Size||17.7 x 13.7 x 2.8 inches|
|Color||Light brown wood|
5. Misslo Over the Door Shoe Organizer
Shoe storage is important, but if you’re already low on space, another shelving unit isn’t the most practical. Thankfully, the Misslo over the door shoe organizer is a top choice. You can easily hang it on the inside of your closet door, put your shoes inside and clear a lot of floor space.
There are 24 mesh pockets. For flat shoes, like flip-flops or sandals, you can put a pair in each pocket. But for larger shoes, such as heels or sneakers, you might need to put one shoe in each pocket. Therefore, the 24 pockets might only hold 12 pairs of shoes, so keep that in mind.
The breathable mesh pockets keep good air flow which is especially good for stinky shoes. Although, keep in mind that the smell won’t be contained so it might smell strong for a little while after the shoes have been stored.
This is ideal for small homes or campers. Wherever there’s a closet, this is a good solution. Plus, you can store other things apart from shoes such as clothes, cleaning products or hair products.
- It saves floor space.
- Holds at least 12 pairs of shoes.
- Breathable mesh pockets.
- Makes your shoes easily accessible.
- Men’s shoes might not fit well.
- The hooks might stop your closet door from closing.
|Material||Non woven fabric with mesh pockets|
|Purpose||Organizing shoes inside closet|
|Size||56.5 x 22.33 x 2 inches|
|Color||White, black or pink|
6. Simple Houseware 5 Shelves Hanging Organizer
The Simple Houseware 5 shelves hanging organizer is a must-have if you want hanging storage. It’s perfect for folded garments such as t-shirts, thick sweaters and jeans, as well as shoes and handbags.
It has five shelves so you can keep your garments well organized. But it also has mesh pockets on the side for other items like gloves, slippers, hair products or whatever else!
It’s an ultimate storage unit and it saves space in your closet. We recommend it if you live in a small apartment or dorm rooms.
It takes a minute to assemble this and then you’re ready to go! You can fill it with lots of items and it will have minimal sag.
- It saves space, since it hangs and has five shelves.
- Mesh pockets on the side for extra storage.
- Sturdy unit.
- Great for shoes, clothes, toys, handbags, board games and much more.
- The hanging hooks aren’t as strong as the unit itself. When the unit is full, the metal structure bends.
- It has a really bad smell.
|Purpose||Hanging storage for clothes, handbags, toys, board games, etc.|
|Capacity||Five shelves and six pockets|
|Size||11 x 10 x 45 inches|
|Color||Bronze, black, blue, grey, pink or red|
7. Wowganiser Drawer Organizer
The Wowganiser drawer organizer can calm the chaos that is your bathroom drawers. These four trays are perfect for storing toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair brushes, floss, razors, makeup, contacts, face masks, tampons, and much more.
So next time you open your bathroom drawer, you’re not face to face with clutter and mess!
Each tray comes with glue dots so you can secure the tray to the drawer. When you open and close the drawer, the organizers won’t rattle or move around.
The organizers are made of clear plastic. So when they get dirty, you can just wash them with warm water and dish soap to clean properly. Lastly, although these are great for bathroom drawers, you can use them for your clothes or kitchen utensils, too.
- Declutters bathroom drawers.
- Securely fastens to your drawers.
- Made of plastic, so are easy to clean.
- Adjustable dividers, so you can make extra space for bigger items.
- Pretty small, especially given the price.
|Purpose||Organizing bathroom drawers|
|Capacity||Four trays, two big, two small|
|Size||13.78 x 7.87 x 3.86 inches|
8. Simple Houseware Closet Underwear Organizer
We love organizing our underwear drawer. It keeps bras, socks, and underwear all separate so you can easily find what you’re looking for in the morning.
Our best recommendation for a dresser drawer organizer is the Simple Houseware closet underwear organizer. With this purchase, you get four sets. Each one is a different size.
- 6 cells (perfect for scarves and ties).
- 8 cells (perfect for underwear, briefs and ties).
- 7 cells (perfect for bras).
- 24 cells (perfect for socks).
The organizers are made with mold-proof non-woven fabric, so you can rest assured your garments will stay fresh for a long time.
Keep in mind that this isn’t ideal for bras that are bigger than 32D. Customers with upper sizes can’t fit their bras into this organizer.
- Keeps your dresser drawers neat and tidy.
- Four sets, each for a different use.
- Mold-proof fabric.
- Seven color options.
- Bras bigger than 32D might not fit.
- Flimsy dividers.
|Material||Non-woven mold-proof fabric|
|Purpose||Organizing underwear in drawers|
|Capacity||Four sets with a total of 45 cells|
|Size||17.8 x 4.61 x 2.99 inches|
|Color||Beige, black, brown, grey, dark grey, pink, or turquoise|
9. Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits
The Rubbermaid Configurations closet kit is a great way to organize all the garments in your closet. It’s perfect for walk-in wardrobes or built-in smaller closets alike.
In total, there is 12 feet of shelf space and 10 feet of hanging space. So you can utilize your space and store all the clothes you need with this product.
The kit comes with everything you need to install, but customers do state that it’s pretty difficult to install. It takes a few people. So it’s best to make sure that whoever is building it has some DIY experience, too.
Overall though, this is a perfect way to maximize space. You can also change the layout depending on the size and space available in your closet. There are many different ways you can plan the layout of this product.
- All-in-one closet organizer.
- 12 feet of shelf space; 10 feet of hanging space.
- Easily customizable.
- Difficult to install.
- It needs more screws to support the shelves.
|Purpose||Organizing the interior of your closet|
|Capacity||12 feet of shelf space; 10 feet of hanging space|
|Size||3 x 1.08 x 6 feet|
|Color||Titanium, white or satin nickel|
10. ClosetMaid SuperSlide Ventilated Shelf
Closet shelves utilize space and provide extra storage. The ClosetMaid SuperSlide ventilated shelf is our top recommendation for a closet shelf.
Not only does it have a ventilated shelf, it has a railing for more clothes. So you can use this for storing boxes, shoes, handbags or books on the shelf. But you can also hang more clothes in your closet!
The weight capacity for the shelf is 40 pounds as long as it’s evenly distributed, which is very generous. The hanging rod can take 15 pounds per foot, which is also fab!
Also, the product is made from a minimum of 75 percent recycled content, so it’s an eco-friendly option.
- Shelf and hanging rod for clothes.
- Total capacity of up to 100 pounds.
- Made of at least 75 percent recycled content.
- Utilizes vertical space in a closet.
- It comes with installation parts, but they’re low quality. It’s better to buy your own.
- Not super sturdy.
|Material||Vinyl coated steel, 75% recycled content|
|Purpose||A shelf for your closet — also has a hanging rod|
|Capacity||100 pounds, if weight is evenly distributed|
|Size||12 x 48 x 6 inches|
|Criusia Foldable Storage Bins||Storage Bins||Non-woven fabric||Clothes, toys, books in closet||30 lbs||20 x 11 x 8.5″|
|Misslo Hanging Jewelry Organizer||Accessory Organizer||Non-woven fabric, vinyl pouches||Organizing accessories||80 pockets||17.17 x 8.74 x 0.79″|
|AmazonBasics Mesh Desk Drawer Organizer||Office Drawer||Mesh steel||Organizing desk drawers||6 compartments||14.45 x 2.2 x 11.97″|
|Royal Craft Bamboo Kitchen Organizer||Kitchen Drawer||Moso bamboo wood||Organizing kitchen drawers||9 deep slots||17.7 x 13.7 x 2.8″|
|Misslo Over the Door Shoe Organizer||Shoe Storage||Non woven fabric, mesh pockets||Organizing shoes inside closet||24 pockets||56.5 x 22.33 x 2″|
|Simple Houseware 5 Shelves Hanging Organizer||Hanging Closet||Canvas||Clothes, bags, toys, board games||5 shelves & 6pockets||11 x 10 x 45″|
|Wowganiser Drawer Organizer||Bathroom Drawer||Plastic||Organizing bathroom drawers||4 trays||13.78 x 7.87 x 3.86″|
|Simple Houseware Underwear Organizer||Dresser Drawer||Non-woven mold-proof fabric||Organizing underwear in drawers||4 sets with a total of 45 cells||17.8 x 4.61 x 2.99″|
|Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits||Closet Garments||Metal||Organizing closet interior||12 ft shelf space; 10 ft hanging||3 x 1.08 x 6 feet|
|ClosetMaid SuperSlide Ventilated Shelf||Closet Organization||Vinyl coated steel, 75% recycled||Shelf for your closet||100 lbs||12 x 48 x 6″|
Tips for Organizing Closets and Drawers
We have extra tips and tricks for organizing closets and drawers.
- Clear out your closet often. Over time, you’ll stop reaching for certain items. If you go a few months without wearing it, it might be time to donate or repurpose the item. Then you also have more storage space!
- Keep a step stool nearby, especially if you’ll be hanging shelves. That way you can reach the shelves easier and it will encourage you to use them more.
- Group things together by category. For example, keep dresses, sweaters, long sleeved shirts, t-shirts, skirts, shorts, jeans and jackets together. It makes it easier to put together an outfit in the morning.
- Tuck away items you don’t use as much. Formal wear and winter coats — keep them tucked away during the off-season. Then you can utilize your space better.
- Spruce up your closet once a month. Instead of doing a big reorganization once a year, check in on your closet every month. Keep it tidy and rearrange things that have gotten out of place.
- Use coordinating hangers. For example, velvet hangers are good for slippery items, such as blouses, because they grip the fabric gently. Knowing which hangers are for which garments makes putting your clothes away easier on laundry day, too.
- Keep your most used items at eye-level. When we open our closet, the first thing we see are cozy thin sweaters. This is what we wear the most and it makes it easier to reach for the items we’ll likely wear that day.
- Color coordinate! If you don’t like to organize by type of clothing, you might prefer color coordinating. This makes it super fun and easy to mix and match outfits by color.
- If you’re going to be folding a lot of clothes, get a folding board. They make it easier to properly and perfectly fold your clothes so your closet is neat. Plus, it saves space!
- File fold instead of pile folding. You can see everything you have rather than the top couple of garments on a pile.
Switch It Up
If you’re growing weary of your current closet and drawer situation, it’s time to switch it up. Make it neat, tidy and organized by choosing one of the best closet and drawer organizers on the market. It really is a game-changing decision!
Overall, our top recommendation is the Criusia Foldable Storage Bins because they are convenient, spacious and resistant to mold. They work in all closet types and sizes.
Another great recommendation is the Misslo hanging jewelry organizer. If you have lots of accessories this will change your life and make it so much easier to view and choose your accessories in the morning.
Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong with one of our recommendations.