Having an organized space clears the mind, keeps things tidy, and saves you time when looking for something. When it comes to your closets and drawers — including the office, kitchen, and bathroom drawers — it can be hard to keep everything organized and tidy.
But if you choose one of the best closet and drawer organizers, everything will have its place. So you don’t need to waste time looking for your favorite lipstick, cozy sweater, or teaspoon when opening your drawer or closet.
We spent hours researching our own closet habits, as well as expert advice and real customer reviews. In conclusion, we created this list. So whether you’re looking for something for organizing an office drawer, accessories or kitchen utensils — we have 10 fantastic recommendations.
- Moisture resistant
- Convenient design with clear window
- Easy to fold & store
- Replacement for jewelry & makeup bag
- 80 individual clear pockets
- Easy to store on the back of a door
- Six divided compartments
- Has rubber pads
- Sturdy & will last for years
- Nine slots for different utensils
- Sustainable & water-resistant
- Extendable design
- Saves floor space
- Holds at least 12 pairs of shoes
- Breathable mesh pockets
- Saves space since it hangs
- Mesh pockets on the side
- Sturdy unit wtih minimal sagging
- Made of thick ABS plastic
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable dividers
- Four different sets
- Mold-proof fabric
- Seven color options
- All-in-one closet organizer
- Easily customizable
- Affordable compared to custom shelving
- Has shelf and hanging rod
- Made of 75% recycled materials
- Utilizes vertical space in closet
To recommend you the best closet and drawer organizers, we’ve spent hours researching. We’ve considered expert advice, real customer reviews, and our own experience with organizers. We now bring you the top 10 options on the market.
Get ready to meet organizers that could change your life.
1. HomeHacks Foldable Storage Bins
Best Storage Bins for Closets
The HomeHacks foldable storage bins are our top recommendation for storage bins. They come in a pack of three, are spacious, and can hold more than 35 liters of stuff.
What makes them better than other storage bins? First, they’re cute! They are lovely clover black that will look good in any space.
But above all, they are resistant to moisture, thereby preventing the accumulation of molds and bacteria. So even if you leave a t-shirt in there all year long, it will still be wearable when you discover it again.
We love that the design allows you to see better what’s in the box. You can store your clothes in a pile, but we recommend organizing them in vertical rows. That way, you utilize the space better and make the garments easier to see.
This is a must-have for clothes, toys, books, and more. You can use these in your closet, the kid’s closet, or the hall closet.
- Resistant to moisture.
- Convenient design to see what’s inside the box.
- Spacious and holds more than 35 liters of stuff.
- Easy to fold and store when they’re not in use.
- Reinforced handles so you can carry the boxes.
- Made of premium non-woven fabric.
- Has a plastic smell upon opening the parcel.
- They are not sturdy enough to stack on top of one another.
|Purpose||Organizing clothes, toys, books in closet|
|Capacity||Over 35 liters of stuff|
|Size||19.7 x 13.78 x 7.87 inches per box|
|Color||Black, clover black, gray, clover gray|
2. Misslo Hanging Jewelry Organizer
Best Accessory Organizer
The Misslo hanging jewelry organizer is a must-have for anyone with many accessories! This is the best accessory organizer on the market. It’s lightweight, easy to hang, and has 80 pockets for all your accessories.
This organizer can store earrings, necklaces, bracelets, hair binders, makeup, brooches, buttons, and more. You can even store wires and chargers in there, too.
We recommend putting one item in each pocket to easily see what’s available. It helps with choosing something to wear and getting ready in the morning.
This sturdy unit hangs on the back of your door or your closet railing. You need a spare coat hook to hang the organizer on, but after that, it’s set up and ready to use.
- Great replacement for a jewelry box and makeup bag.
- 80 individual clear pockets.
- Easy to store in a closet or the back of a door.
- Keeps items super organized and safe.
- Double-sided for extra storage.
- Seven hook loops for hanging long items, such as necklaces.
- The compartments are small.
- No zipper on the compartments to keep items secure.
|Material||Non-woven fabric with clear vinyl pouches|
|Capacity||80 individual pockets|
|Size||35.04 x 17.32 x 0.2 inches|
|Color||Black or beige|
3. AmazonBasics Mesh Desk Drawer Office Organizer
Best Office Drawer Organizer
How do you keep your pens, pencils, sharpeners, calculators, and notes organized when you’re at the office? The AmazonBasics mesh desk drawer organizer, of course!
This organizer tray is a must-have for anyone with desk drawers. No matter your occupation, you can use this to save space. So whether you are a teacher, artist, graphic designer, or general business person — this is a valuable product.
It has six divided compartments — two large and four small — for a variety of items. When you next open your desk drawer, you won’t be overwhelmed with clutter and chaos. It’ll be much easier to find what you’re looking for.
The rubber pads on the bottom of the tray stop it from scratching or ruining your desk drawer. It’s 2.2 inches deep, too, so it should fit in most drawers.
- Great for desk drawers, no matter your occupation.
- Six divided compartments.
- Rubber pads to protect your drawer.
- Sturdy steel mesh; will last for years.
- Sleek black appearance fits most decor.
- Affordable price point.
- Might be too deep for some desk drawers.
|Purpose||Organizing desk drawers|
|Capacity||One tray with six compartments|
|Size||14.45 x 2.2 x 11.97 inches|
4. Royal Craft Wood Bamboo Kitchen Drawer Organizer
Best Kitchen Drawer Organizer
The Royal Craft Wood bamboo kitchen drawer organizer is a must-have for organizing your silverware and other kitchen utensils.
This organizer has nine handy slots. There’s space for everything in here.
You can organize things by categories, such as forks, spoons, butter knives, teaspoons, scissors, chopping knives, serving spoons, and much more. You’ll be amazed at how easy and practical this storage solution is.
The wood itself is sustainable Moso bamboo. It’s strong, durable, antibacterial, water-resistant, and eco-friendly. Cleaning it with a damp cloth is enough to renew it when it gets dirty.
If you find the drawer organizer too big for your liking, you can collapse the sides and make it smaller. Then, if you move to a larger home, you can extend it again to create more space in your kitchen drawer.
- Nine handy slots for different utensils.
- Sustainable and water-resistant bamboo wood.
- Extendable design to suit various drawer sizes.
- Extra deep (2.5 inches) for storing lots of utensils.
- Available in five color options.
- Non-slip grips keep it secure.
- Nails might come out of the wood over time.
- If it’s too small, it might slide around a little.
|Material||Moso bamboo wood|
|Purpose||Organizing kitchen drawers|
|Capacity||Nine deep slots|
|Size||17 x 13 x 2.5 inches|
|Color||Light brown wood, plus four other options|
5. Misslo Over the Door Shoe Organizer
Best Shoe Storage for Closets
Shoe storage is essential, but if you’re already low on space, another shelving unit isn’t the most practical. Thankfully, the Misslo over-the-door shoe organizer is a top choice. You can easily hang it on the inside of your closet door, put your shoes inside and clear a lot of floor space.
There are 24 mesh pockets, but for more oversized shoes, you may only be able to fit one per pocket. That means 24 pockets may only fit 12 pairs of shoes.
The breathable mesh pockets keep good airflow which is especially good for stinky shoes. Although, keep in mind that the smell won’t be contained, so it might smell strong for a little while after the shoes have been stored.
This is a practical storage solution for small homes or campers. Plus, you can store other things apart from shoes, such as clothes, cleaning products, or hair products.
- It saves floor space.
- Holds at least 12 pairs of shoes.
- Breathable mesh pockets.
- Makes your shoes easily accessible.
- Five color options available.
- Fits over most doors between 1.42 and 1.77 inches.
- Men’s shoes might not fit well.
- The hooks might stop your closet door from closing.
- For larger shoes, you can’t fit a pair in one pocket.
|Material||Non-woven fabric with mesh pockets|
|Purpose||Organizing shoes inside closet|
|Size||56.5 x 22.34 x 2 inches|
|Color||White, black, yellow-brown, gray or pink|
6. Simple Houseware 5 Shelves Hanging Organizer
Best Hanging Closet Organizer
The Simple Houseware 5 shelves hanging organizer is a must-have if you want hanging storage. It’s perfect for folded garments such as t-shirts, thick sweaters, and jeans, as well as shoes and handbags.
It has five shelves, so you can keep your garments well organized. But it also has mesh pockets on the side for other items like gloves, slippers, hair products, or whatever else!
It’s an ultimate storage unit and it saves space in your closet. We recommend it if you live in a small apartment or dorm room.
It takes a minute to assemble this, and you’re ready to go! You can fill it with lots of items, and it will have minimal sag.
- It saves space since it hangs and has five shelves.
- Mesh pockets on the side for extra storage.
- Sturdy unit with minimal sagging.
- Great for shoes, clothes, toys, handbags, board games, and much more.
- Eight color options available.
- Affordable price point.
- The hanging hooks aren’t as strong as the unit itself. When the unit is full, the metal structure bends.
- It has a really bad smell.
|Purpose||Hanging storage for clothes, handbags, toys, board games, etc.|
|Capacity||Five shelves and six pockets|
|Size||11 x 10 x 45 inches|
|Color||Brown, black, dark blue, dark gray, gray, pink, red, and turquoise|
7. Caxxa 3 Slot Drawer Organizer
Best Bathroom Drawer Organizer
The Caxxa drawer organizer can calm the chaos within your bathroom drawers. These trays can store toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, floss, razors, makeup, contacts, face masks, tampons, and much more.
So next time you open your bathroom drawer, you’re not face to face with clutter and mess!
The organizers are made of plastic. So when they get dirty, you can just wash them with warm water and dish soap to clean them properly. Lastly, although these are great for bathroom drawers, you can also use them for your stationery or kitchen utensils.
- Declutters bathroom drawers.
- Two-pack purchase.
- Made of plastic, so it is easy to clean.
- Adjustable dividers so that you can make extra space for bigger items.
- Thick and sturdy ABS plastic.
- Not suitable for stacking.
- It will slide around if it’s smaller than the drawer.
|Purpose||Organizing bathroom drawers|
|Size||12 x 9 x 1.9 inches|
8. Simple Houseware Closet Underwear Organizer
Best Dresser Drawer Organizer
We love organizing our underwear drawers. It keeps bras, socks, and underwear all separate so you can easily find what you’re looking for in the morning.
Our best recommendation for a dresser drawer organizer is the Simple Houseware closet underwear organizer. With this purchase, you get four sets. Each one is a different size.
- Six cells (best for scarves and ties).
- Eight cells (best for underwear, briefs, and ties).
- Seven cells (best for bras).
- Twenty-four cells (best for socks).
The organizers are made with mold-proof non-woven fabric, so you can rest assured your garments will stay fresh for a long time.
Keep in mind that this isn’t ideal for bras bigger than 32D. Customers with upper sizes can’t fit their bras into this organizer.
- Keep your dresser drawers neat and tidy.
- Four sets, each for different use.
- Mold-proof fabric.
- Seven color options.
- Great price point.
- Bras bigger than 32D might not fit.
- The dividers are a bit flimsy.
|Material||Non-woven mold-proof fabric|
|Purpose||Organizing underwear in drawers|
|Capacity||Four sets with a total of 45 cells|
|Size||12 x 6 x 4.25 and 12 x 12 x 4.25|
|Color||Beige, black, brown, grey, dark grey, pink, or turquoise|
9. Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits
Best Closet Garment Organizer
The Rubbermaid Configurations closet kit is a great way to organize all the garments in your closet. It’s amazing for walk-in wardrobes or built-in smaller closets alike.
In total, there is 12 feet of shelf space and 10 feet of hanging space. So you can utilize your space and store all the clothes you need with this product.
The kit has everything you need to install, but customers state that it’s pretty tricky to install. It takes a few people. So it’s best to ensure that whoever is building it has some DIY experience.
Overall though, this is how to maximize space. You can also change the layout depending on the size and space available in your closet.
- All-in-one closet organizer.
- 12 feet of shelf space; 10 feet of hanging space.
- Easily customizable depending on your closet space.
- Affordable when compared to custom shelving.
- Difficult to install.
- It needs more screws to support the shelves.
|Purpose||Organizing the interior of your closet|
|Capacity||12 feet of shelf space; 10 feet of hanging space|
|Size||3 x 1.08 x 6 feet|
|Color||Titanium or white|
10. ClosetMaid SuperSlide Ventilated Shelf
Best Shelves for Closet Organization
Closet shelves utilize space and provide extra storage. The ClosetMaid SuperSlide ventilated shelf is our top recommendation for a closet shelf.
Not only does it have a ventilated shelf, but it also has a railing for more clothes. So you can use this for storing boxes, shoes, handbags, or books on the shelf. But you can also hang more clothes in your closet!
The weight capacity for the shelf is 40 pounds as long as it’s evenly distributed, which is very generous. The hanging rod can take 15 pounds per foot, which is also fab!
Finally, the product is made from a minimum of 75 percent recycled content, so it’s an eco-friendly option.
- Shelf and hanging rod for clothes.
- Total capacity of up to 100 pounds.
- Made of at least 75 percent recycled content.
- Utilizes vertical space in a closet.
- It comes with installation parts, but they’re low quality. It’s better to buy your own.
- Not super sturdy.
|Material||Vinyl-coated steel, 75% recycled content|
|Purpose||A shelf for your closet — also has a hanging rod|
|Capacity||100 pounds, if weight is evenly distributed|
|Size||12 x 48 x 6 inches|
|HomeHacks Foldable Storage Bins||Storage Bins for Closets||Polypropylene||Clothes, toys, books in closet||35 liters||19.7 x 13.78 x 7.87″ per box|
|Misslo Hanging Jewelry Organizer||Accessory Organizer||Non-woven fabric, vinyl pouches||Organizing accessories||80 pockets||35.04 x 17.32 x 0.2″|
|AmazonBasics Mesh Desk Drawer Organizer||Office Drawer Organizer||Mesh steel||Organizing desk drawers||6 compartments||14.45 x 2.2 x 11.97″|
|Royal Craft Bamboo Kitchen Organizer||Kitchen Drawer Organizer||Moso bamboo wood||Organizing kitchen drawers||9 deep slots||17 x 13 x 2.5″|
|Misslo Over the Door Shoe Organizer||Shoe Storage for Closets||Non-woven fabric, mesh pockets||Organizing shoes inside closet||24 pockets||56.5 x 22.33 x 2″|
|Simple Houseware 5 Shelves Hanging Organizer||Hanging Closet Organizer||Canvas||Clothes, bags, toys, board games||5 shelves & 6pockets||11 x 10 x 45″|
|3 Slot Drawer Organizer||Bathroom Drawer Organizer||Plastic ABS||Organizing bathroom drawers||2 trays||12 x 9 x 1.9″|
|Simple Houseware Underwear Organizer||Dresser Drawer Organizer||Non-woven mold-proof fabric||Organizing underwear in drawers||4 sets with a total of 45 cells||12 x 6 x 4.25 and 12 x 12 x 4.25″|
|Rubbermaid Configurations Closet Kits||Closet Garment Organizer||Metal||Organizing closet interior||12 ft shelf space; 10 ft hanging||3 x 1.08 x 6 feet|
|ClosetMaid SuperSlide Ventilated Shelf||Shelves for Closet Organization||Vinyl-coated steel, 75% recycled||Shelf for your closet||100 lbs||12 x 48 x 6″|
Types of Closet and Drawer Organizers
There are many different types of closet and drawer organizers. We’ll cover some of the main ones. Hopefully, you’ll spot one that looks perfect for you!
Storage Bins and Boxes
Storage bins are an easy and effective way to organize your closet and save space. We especially love these for storing away winter clothes during summer and vice versa!
They come in many different sizes and colors so that you can find the best option for you. Simply fill them with the garments or items you want to store.
Stack them on your closet floor or put them on a shelf. These are best for people with limited closet space but a lot of clothes.
- Available in many different sizes.
- Many colour options.
- You can store them on the floor or a shelf.
- Great space saving solution.
- Keeps clothes safe from moisture damage, pests and dust.
- They can be expensive.
- Some boxes are poor quality and might collapse.
If you have spare space on a rack but want to keep your clothes more visibly organized, try hanging storage! These hang down and have built-in cubes. So, you can keep one for jeans, one for shorts, one for shirts, one for dresses and so on.
These are also ideal for handbags and shoes. This is best for garments that are okay to be folded rather than hung. So we don’t recommend this for blouses, dress shirts, or pants.
- Available in a range of styles.
- Many budget-friendly options.
- Space saving solution.
- They work for all types of garments, including shoes.
- You can’t put too much weight in them.
- Some garments might be too big for the compartments.
Closet shelves are simple but super handy for utilizing your space. Shelves are a must-have whether you have a small closet or a walk-in closet. These are great for storing winter clothes in summer and vice versa.
Shelves are also great for storing occasion dresses that you’ll only wear a few times a year. Use shelves to display shoes, handbags, and anything else you don’t reach for daily.
- Great for any size of closet.
- Ideal for tucking away clothes you won’t use for a while.
- You can easily display items on the shelving.
- You can customize the shelving to suit your closet.
- Shelving can be expensive and laborious to install.
- High shelves are hard to reach.
Accessory organizers are best for people who have a lot of jewelry. Most come with other shelves or storage slots for makeup, beauty products, deodorants, moisturizers, and more.
There is a huge range of accessory organizers, including shelves and hanging storage. So you’ll definitely be able to find one that suits your style.
- Great for jewelery, makeup, hair accessories and more.
- Keeps things organized and within easy reach.
- Many options and styles available.
- Suitable for most budgets.
- It can be hard to find one that will fit various shapes and sizes.
- Cheaper options can be flimsy.
Drawer organizers are a game-changer in saving space and keeping things categorized. They come in all sorts of sizes and shapes to fit any drawer. You can find cloth, wood, and plastic options.
These products are ideal for organizing underwear, socks, and bras. They’re also ideal in the bathroom for organizing toothpaste, makeup, and hair products. And they’re a must-have in the kitchen for organizing silverware.
- You can separate garment types within a drawer.
- Available in many material options.
- Great for smaller garments or baby clothes.
- You can use them for bathroom and kitchen organization.
- They might slide around within a drawer.
- You can’t find one-size-fits-all options.
- You can’t stack them.
Everybody needs shoe storage in their home. It keeps the shoes from piling up in a messy (and rather stinky) disaster at the front door.
You can get shelves, boxes, and hanging storage inside your closet. All of them are good options for your shoes, but it depends on how much space you have in your home.
If you’re low on space, definitely check out a hanging option! You can put it on the back of your door. It also makes it easy to see all your shoes at once.
- Many shoe storage options available.
- Some options, like boxes, will contain odors.
- Great for saving space.
- Keeps shoes organized in pairs.
- Shoe storage can be expensive.
- Bigger shoes don’t always fit in hanging storage options.
Garment organizers are larger systems for your closet. You can secure them to the wall, though some are standing. Most have clothing rails for hanging garments and shelves for folded garments or storage boxes.
Garment organizers work for any closet. Everybody should have an organizer system in their closet to categorize garments. Just make sure you choose one that will fit your space.
- Best for larger closets.
- You can get built-in or standing options.
- Includes clothing rails and shelves.
- You can customize it to fit your closet.
- It can difficult and expensive to install.
- Sometimes the shelves are not durable.
What to Look For (Buying Guide)
If you’ve decided you need a closet and drawer organizer system, look at these critical details. Keeping these factors in mind will help you find the best one for your home.
Tips for Organizing Closets and Drawers
We have extra tips and tricks for organizing closets and drawers.
- Clear out your closet often: Over time, you’ll stop reaching for particular items. If you go a few months without wearing it, it might be time to donate or repurpose the item. Then you also have more storage space!
- Easy reaching: Keep a step stool nearby, especially if you’ll be hanging shelves. That way, you can reach the shelves easier, and it will encourage you to use them more.
- Categorize: Group things together by category. For example, keep dresses, sweaters, long-sleeved shirts, t-shirts, skirts, shorts, jeans, and jackets together. It makes it easier to put together an outfit in the morning.
- Organize by season: Tuck away items you don’t use as much. Formal wear and winter coats — keep them tucked away during the off-season. Then you can utilize your space better.
- Monthly sprucing: Spruce up your closet once a month. Instead of doing an extensive reorganization once a year, check in on your closet every month. Keep it tidy and rearrange things that have gotten out of place.
- Coordinate your hangers: Use coordinating clothes hangers. For example, velvet hangers are good for slippery items, such as blouses, because they grip the fabric gently. Knowing which hangers are for which garments makes putting your clothes away easier on laundry day, too.
- Eye-level hack: Keep your most used items at eye level. When we open our closet, the first thing we see is cozy thin sweaters. This is what we wear the most, making it easier to reach for the items we’ll likely wear that day.
- Color coordinate: If you don’t like to organize by type of clothing, you might prefer color coordinating. This makes it fun and easy to mix and match outfits by color.
- Folding hack: If you’re going to be folding many clothes, get a folding board. They make it easier to properly and perfectly fold your clothes, so your closet is neat. Plus, it saves space!
- File fold: File fold instead of pile folding. You can see everything you have rather than the top couple of garments on a pile.