Car carpets can be such a pain to clean that most of us continually put them off. There’s a crazy amount of dirt trodden into the carpet. You possibly have stains and deep-rooted filth too. This task can be overwhelming.
So what’s the answer? Well, detergent might help, but we think you’re better off with one of the best car carpet cleaners on the market.
These effective cleaners will remove stains in no time using minimal effort. Keep reading for our five recommendations, plus a valuable buying guide to help you choose.
- Effectively cleans various stains
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t require hard scrubbing
- Safe for various surfaces
- Won’t leave a dull residue
- Can be used inside your house
- Lifts & removes deeply embedded dirt
- Concentrate mixture
- Foaming formula
- Safe around children & pets
- Tough on stains
- Works on carpets and rubber mats
- Eliminates and prevents odors
- Removable built-in brush
Review Methodology: At Oh So Spotless, our in-depth analysis and hands-on experience with car carpet cleaners allow us to provide you with trustworthy and reliable information. Our professional team evaluates each product based on criteria such as performance, ease of use, and effectiveness. We research and compare various brands, while also considering design choices and their effect on users. By assessing key factors like stain removal, drying time, and eco-friendliness, we rank and score the best car carpet cleaners, ensuring you make an informed decision. Our data-driven approach and first-hand evidence demonstrate our expertise, setting our reviews apart from competitors and guiding you to the best product for your needs.
Best Car Carpet Cleaner Reviews of 2023
Here are the most effective cleaners on the market. Let’s get scrubbing.
Aero Cosmetics Interior Cleaner
Best Overall Car Carpet Cleaner
This Aero Cosmetics product has an overall formula that you can use throughout the car for a deep clean.
It’s tough on stains but gentle on your seats, carpets, leather, and trim panels. It’s very easy to use, and all you need for application is two small towels. Use one towel for blotting the product into the area and the other for blotting dry.
The cleaner will effectively remove beverages, makeup, mud, dirt, lotion, and other spills.
What makes this so popular is that it meets Boeing’s aircraft interior specifications. This confirms the formula’s potency, leaving a shining result that lasts.
- Effectively cleans various stains, including mud, lotion, and more.
- Easy to use, thanks to the spray bottle.
- Doesn’t require hard scrubbing.
- Can be used on various surfaces within the car.
- Powerful formula that’s tough on stains but gentle on the surface.
- The spray bottle is only 16 ounces — this may not last for long.
- Some customers disliked the scent.
|Application Type||Spray bottle|
|Cleaning Surface||Car interior|
CarGuys Super Cleaner
Best Car Carpet Cleaner for Multiple Materials
You can safely use this formula on surfaces like vinyl, wood, plastic, rubber, carpets, and more. Even though this product is specialized for car interior, you can use it to bring life back throughout your home.
It comes in a convenient spray bottle that’s easy to apply to small and large areas. The formula quickly lifts and dissolves dirt and grime from any surface. Note that it’s not effective on glass since it might leave a dull residue.
CarGuys promises a full refund if you’re not pleased with the results. We consider this a strong quality assurance from the manufacturer.
- Safe for various surfaces, including wood, vinyl, and more.
- Removes stains, dirt, and grime effectively.
- Won’t leave a dull residue on your carpets and surfaces.
- Can be used inside your house as well.
- Full refund if you’re not happy.
- Not as effective on grease stains.
- It might leave streaks on plastic surfaces.
- Some customers found the spray bottle defective.
|Application Type||Spray bottle|
|Cleaning Surface||Car interior, leather, vinyl, rubber, metal,|
Chemical Guys Foaming Carpet Cleaner
Best Foam Car Carpet Cleaner
If your car could use a deep clean, Chemical Guys have your back. This foaming formula is gentle on multiple surfaces such as carpet, fabrics, and upholstery. It effectively removes dirt, mud, grime, and other filth dragged in by shoes, kids, and pets.
Many parents like this product because it eliminates contaminants. This creates a safe space for children. It also kicks bad odors out of your vehicle and replaces them with a fresh citrus scent. As a bonus, the formula will prevent new ones from developing.
The 16-ounce bottle may not sound like a lot. However, this is a concentrate, so you only need a little bit. You can also make a super spray by diluting the formula with water in a spray bottle.
Chemical Guys recommend you spray the area and then scrub with a brush or cloth. The foam lifts the dirt effectively before you wipe it off.
- Lifts and removes deeply embedded dirt, mud, grime, and more.
- Eliminates bad odors from their source and prevents new odors.
- Concentrated mixture; a little goes a long way, or you can dilute it.
- Doesn’t contain toxic chemicals, color damaging detergents, ammonia, or bleach.
- Easy to use due to the option to use it as a spray.
- Requires a lot of scrubbing.
- No spray top included, despite the misleading photographs.
|Application Type||Requires diluting|
|Cleaning Surface||Carpet, upholstery, fabric|
|Removes||Stains, dirt, contaminants, foul odors|
Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Best Car Carpet Cleaner with Built-In Brush
For easy application, Bissell has included a built-in brush that works efficiently at scrubbing the surface.
When you combine the power of the brush with the gentle formula, dirt, fresh and old stains, and grime are easily dissolved from the carpet. Additionally, if you have an odor problem, this cleaner tackles them effectively and prevents others from forming.
To apply, place the brush on the area you’re cleaning. Then, press the trigger, and foam will appear, acting fast as you scrub back and forth.
Aside from being ideal for a car, you can also use the product indoors on carpets and upholstery. The formula is very low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Therefore, it is safe to use around children and pets.
Woolite recommends leaving the product for an hour or two if you’re dealing with tough, organic stains like vomit.
- Built-in brush helps you scrub out embedded stains.
- Foaming formula covers a large area and removes old stains.
- Eliminates bad odors and prevents new ones from forming.
- Safe around children and pets due to the safer formula.
- Tough on organic stains, such as vomit.
- The formula sometimes comes out liquid-y instead of foamy.
- It can take a few attempts to remove tough stains.
|Application Type||Built-in brush|
|Cleaning Surface||Carpet, upholstery|
|Removes||Stains, dirt, bad odors|
|Manufacturer||Bissell Homecare, Inc.|
Turtle Wax Power Out!
Best Odor Eliminator Car Carpet Cleaner
Unlike scented formulas that merely cover up the smells, this cleaner will actually remove them. The specialized formula hits odors at the root, eliminating them once and for all. It also digs deep into the surface to remove stains such as coffee and grease.
The built-in brush also makes cleaning easier. It works the product deep into carpets and helps clean rubber mats effectively.
There’s nothing complicated about using this product. The can only needs a thorough shake prior to application. Once the foam is rubbed in, all you need is a simple wipe clean with a cloth. Since the product doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, you can repeat as needed.
Turtle Wax only recommends that you do a thorough vacuum before getting rid of loose soil.
- Eliminates odors and prevents new ones from forming.
- Removes tough stains such as coffee, grease, and ink.
- Easy to clean car carpets and rubber mats, thanks to the micro scrub brush.
- Easy to use the can; no extra products necessary.
- Leaves a soil repelling silicone protective layer.
- Irritating and unpleasant smell.
- The plastic brush can be too weak for tough stains.
- The brush may fall off or break while in use.
|Application Type||Built-in brush|
|Cleaning Surface||Carpet fibers, rubber mats|
|Removes||Stains, dirt, bad odors|
|Product||Best||Quantity||Application Type||Cleaning Surface||Removes||Manufacturer|
|Aero Cosmetics Interior||Overall||16 oz||Spray bottle||Car interior||Stains, dirt||Aero Cosmetics|
|CarGuys Super Cleaner||For Multiple Materials||19 oz||Spray bottle||Interior, leather, vinyl, rubber, metal||Stains, dirt||CarGuys|
|Chemical Guys Foaming Carpet||Foam||16 oz||Requires diluting||Carpet, upholstery, fabric||Stains, dirt, contaminant, foul odors||Chemical Guys|
|Woolite Carpet & Upholstery||Built-In Brush||Not specified||Built-in brush||Carpet, upholstery||Stains, dirt, bad odors||Bissell Homecare, Inc.|
|Turtle Wax Power Out!||Odor Eliminator||18 oz||Built-in brush||Carpet fibers, rubber mats||Stains, dirt, bad odors||Turtle Wax|
Why Use a Carpet Cleaner?
You can easily scrub your car carpet using regular dish soap or detergent. However, this won’t be as effective, and you’ll end up tired and sore.
However, car carpet cleaners are meant explicitly for removing tough carpet stains, mud, and grime from your car. Many products only require minimal effort, such as gentle blotting or wiping instead of hard scrubbing.
The best car carpet cleaners won’t require you to rinse the area afterward. Rinsing the carpet with water will prolong the drying time, making it a longer job than needed.
Tips for Finding the Best Car Carpet Cleaners
There are many different models — and most will tackle several problems such as foul odors and various stains. But it’s essential to find the best product suited to your needs.
Here are a few things to consider on your hunt for an ideal car carpet cleaner:
Getting a Clean Base
It’s hard to avoid spills, stains, and splatters in the car, especially in a family car. However, the best car carpet cleaners can help to keep the dirt at bay. Even if you leave the dirt for a while, there’s always a solution!
Don’t always trust a scented product just because it smells nice. Often, these might only cover up a bad odor without removing it. Instead, you need to tackle the problem deep down. An odor results from bacteria and dirt, so if it remains, the carpet isn’t clean!
With our best car carpet cleaner suggestions, you can get rid of grease, grime, and dirt stains once and for all. So, which one will it be?