Where do you store your brooms and mops? Are they packed into whatever corner you can find, falling over at the slightest movements?
We know the struggle, and we’re here to end it.
Broom holders are an easy and affordable solution for all your sweepers, mops, and dusters. You’d be surprised how much hassle you’ll spare yourself if you invest in one.
We have five of the best broom holders to recommend to you today. Keep reading for a fantastic storage area solution.
- Three installation methods to choose from
- Anti-slip rubber clasps
- Anti-slip design
- Two mounting options
- More slots than other models
- Auto-adjusting grips
- Heat resistant
- Strong and stable
- Stainless steel material
- 50 pounds weight capacity
- Individual pieces for versatility
- Durable rubber grips
- Budget choice
Reasons You Should Buy a Broom Holder
Broom holders might not look like a big deal, but there’s more to them than meets the eye. If you’re unsure whether or not you need one, the information below might help you make a choice.
1. Easy Organization
In larger homes, it’s handy to have dedicated spots for your things, so you always know where they are.
If you live in a smaller home and have limited space, broom holders free up a lot of room. Your home will look neater too.
2. They’re Safer
Brooms and mops may seem innocent, but we’ve tripped over enough of them to see them as a potential hazard (1). A broom holder keeps them out of the way, so the risk of injury is decreased.
They can also prevent your brooms from falling and taking other things down. One haphazardly placed broom could cause a domino effect. You don’t want anything to break or spill, so broom holders are a smart choice.
3. Your Brooms and Mops Will Last Longer
Keeping your broom off the floor will preserve the condition of its bristles. You could store it upside down — which is counter-intuitive — or just get a broom holder. It will keep your broom raised so there’s no pressure on its head.
As for your mops, hanging them helps them dry faster. It’s important to dry your mop as quickly as possible to prevent bacteria from breeding and spreading throughout your home.
Your mop will also stay fresher for longer if you hang it. Ultimately, preserving both your broom and mop means you’ll save money on replacements.
Best Broom Holder Reviews of 2022
These best broom and mop holders will have you running for the “buy now” button.
1. Homely Mop and Broom Holder
Best Easy to Install Broom Holder
This stainless steel broom holder uses rubber clasps to prevent your tools from sliding down and out of it. It’s even strong enough to hold heavier tools like shovels.
Homely’s broom holder includes three clasps and four hooks. It’s compact enough to save space without sacrificing any versatility. You can hang all sorts of cleaning tools — even your cloths and dustpans.
Our favorite feature is how easy it is to mount. You have three options: wall studs, adhesive tape, or drywall anchors. If you can’t drill in your home, this product is a great solution.
Also, if you prefer to store your brooms outside, this model’s holder is weather-resistant.
Customers are delighted with this choice. A bonus is that Homely gives you a 100% money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with this product.
- Three installation methods to choose from, including a drill-free option.
- Anti-slip rubber clasps prevent tools from sliding off.
- Weather-resistant finish allows you to keep it outside if you’d prefer.
- Space for three handled-tools and four extra items, such as cloths.
- Super sturdy and supportive; stays put where you install it and keeps tools in place.
- Clasps feel tighter than they should, sometimes making it hard to remove tools.
- Adhesive tape might wear out over time.
|Material||Stainless steel frame, rubber clasps|
|Mounting options||Adhesive tape, anchors, wall studs|
|Number of slots||3|
|Number of hooks||4|
|Maximum weight||30 pounds|
2. Favbal Stainless Steel Broom Holder
Most Stylish Broom Holder
This stainless steel broom holder can hold up to 30 pounds. It’s designed for both indoor and outdoor use and is weather-proof. You can store it in your home, garden, shed, or garage without jeopardizing its quality.
The clasps adjust automatically to the width of your broom handle, and it can hold up to 30 pounds. If your tools slip or fall from this holder, you’ll get your money back. Plus, Favbal offers a lifetime quality guarantee to boot.
You can choose between adhesive tape mounting or screws. It has three slots and four hooks. We like how sleek this broom holder is. It’ll look good no matter where you place it.
- Weather-proof design gives you the option for indoor or outdoor installation.
- Anti-slip design keeps your tools in place; this is guaranteed, or you get your money back.
- Two mounting options: adhesive tape or screws.
- Sleek and stylish design looks good in most homes.
- The holder can hold up to 30 pounds of tools.
- There is enough space for three tools and four extra items, such as a dustpan or rags.
- The mounting kit doesn’t have all the necessary parts, making installation difficult.
- The tool holders are stiff, making it hard to remove your tools.
- It’s smaller than expected; your tools may overlap.
|Mounting options||Adhesive tape, screws|
|Number of slots||3|
|Number of hooks||4|
|Maximum weight||30 pounds|
3. Onmier Multi-Purpose Broom Holder
Best Plastic Broom Holder
Don’t be fooled by this product’s plastic build. Made from robust and heavy-duty material, it’s as robust as the stainless steel models. This broom holder can hold up to 22 pounds, so heavier tools won’t be a problem.
It has non-slip grips to prevent your brooms and mops from falling out of place. The grips automatically adjust to the size of your broom’s handle. Then they release effortlessly when you lift your tools.
Space is a bonus. It comes with six hooks and five clasps, providing enough room for your cleaning supplies.
Installing this product outside isn’t a problem. It’s built to resist extreme temperatures and won’t warp or melt in the heat.
- You get two holders, each with five slots, for a total of 10 spaces.
- Auto-adjusting grips keep your tools secure while they’re in storage.
- It is heat resistant, so you can store it outside if you live in a warm climate.
- Includes six hooks each for hanging items like a dustpan or cloths.
- Tough plastic design can hold up to 22 pounds of items.
- If you fill every slot and hook, it can look and feel cramped.
- Drilling is required for installation; not always suitable in rental homes.
|Number of slots||5|
|Number of hooks||6|
|Maximum weight||22 pounds|
4. Stormann Wall Mounted Broom Holder
Best Adjustable Hook
This rising star may not be as popular as other models, but users rate it well. It’s a strong contender that stands out thanks to its quirky design.
There are three hooks, and you can move them into a designated place depending on the demand for space so that you can use them as a multi-purpose holder. This holder can come in handy whether you’re holding a thick broom, a thin mop, or even a floor scrubber.
You can also place it outdoors if you like. The steel design can withstand various weather elements.
It’s best for heavy tools since it can hold up to 50 pounds. So if you have various powered tools, this will be a fantastic choice for organizing your cupboards.
- Solid and durable stainless steel material can hold 50 pounds of tools.
- Anti-skid tools holders prevent tools from damage as well as scratching.
- Cool design allows you to adjust the hooks to your preferred spot, which prevents tools from overlapping.
- You can install this holder inside or outside.
- It only holds three items (but it does come in a pack of two).
- You can only drill it to install, which isn’t always suitable in rental homes.
|Number of slots||3|
|Number of hooks||3|
|Maximum weight||50 pounds|
5. Nuolux 5-Piece Broom Holder
Most Versatile Broom Holder
If you’re looking for individual slots instead of an entire rack, we recommend this pack of five from Nuolux. It’s versatile and gives you more say in where you store your tools.
Each slot can hold up to seven pounds. They’re made from spring steel and automatically adjust to the size of your tools. The abrasion-resistant rubber grips are durable. They’re designed to retain their form and function, even with excessive use.
We like that this is a budget option with a different design style than most others on the market. If you want to store your mop in the kitchen but your broom in a cupboard, for example, this gives you the flexibility to do so. Customers enjoy buying a pack of these and using some at home, some in the RV, and some at work.
- Individual pieces for versatility; hang them anywhere, at home or work.
- Durable rubber grips keep your tools secure so they won’t fall down.
- Budget choice, around half the price of an entire rack.
- The spring steel design automatically adjusts to your tool’s size and holds up to seven pounds.
- Not for heavy tools weighing more than seven pounds.
- More installation is required since you have to hang each one individually.
|Number of slots||5|
|Number of hooks||N/A|
|Maximum weight||7 pounds per holder|
|Product||Award||Material||Mounting options||No. of slots||No. of hooks||Max weight|
|Homely Holder||Easy Installation||Stainless steel frame, rubber clasps||Adhesive tape, anchors, wall studs||3||4||30 lbs|
|Favbal Holder||Most Stylish||Stainless steel||Adhesive tape, screws||3||4||30 lbs|
|Onmier Multi-Purpose||Best Plastic||Plastic||Screws/drilling||5||6||22 lbs|
|Stormann Wall Mounted||Adjustable Hook||Stainless steel||Drilling||3||3||50 lbs|
|Nuolux Holder||Most Versatile||Spring steel||Drilling/screws||5||N/A||7 lbs|
How to Mount a Broom Holder
We understand that not everyone is handy with tools. So, if installing a broom holder intimidates you, you’re not alone.
Some holders are adhesive, while others require drilling. These tips should help you no matter the model you have:
- Start small: Don’t get carried away when you drill the initial holes for your broom and mop holder. If you drill too big a hole, your screws won’t stay tight, and the holder might come loose over time.
- Use the template: There’s a good chance that your broom holder will come with a template sticker for easier setup. Check that yours comes with one included. The template will save you much effort and preparation.
- Leave enough space: Make sure you mount the holder with sufficient space for your brooms and mops to hang. For example, you might find that your broom will sink into the holder. If this is the case, account for its entire length, with extra room added so it won’t touch the ground.
We’re charmed by these best broom and mop holders. They’re affordable and make a significant difference in how you store your cleaning tools. Just remember to check the installation area so that your chosen product has enough room once installed.
Overall, these are fantastic storage options that will tidy up any overstuffed and chaotic cupboard.